Forum - [Closed] Some /bored things

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Some /bored things  (Read 2161 times)

Birk

• Bluebell
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:46:58 am »
So i was thinking, we all dont really use the /bored thing much because ...well we're never bored but for the RAREST of times when we are there are only a few /bored things to look through. So I thought up some /bored things for fun.

You tell everybody around you will now sing a song.
You tell everybody around you will now go eat broccoli.
You tell everybody around you will now go write your will.

some ideas that dont really fit with the beginning XD
*player types /bored*

"You're bored? Then Noxxara invites you to dinner. No need to bring something. You're the main coarse!"

"You're bored? Go work at the factory. The soldiers there will show you how things are done." (>3 evilness you are soo dead)

So yeah XD those are some phrases that i think are kinda funny. If ya don't wanna use them thats cool. I liked thinkin of them though! :3
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:36:31 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »
Personally I don't like the whole /bored spam a lot.

/bored was meant to be a little fun emote to tell people to type when they complain about being so completely bored, even though
- no one has actually beat Nyran on the hardest difficulty level.
- at most times, there are some world bosses up, or some more involved monsters that people need (such as luring the emeraldscale lizard).
- battlegrounds are available for 8 people, and cheese hunt will start with as little as 3.
- the player complaining is usually level 10-20, doesn't want to quest and doesn't feel like running a dungeon with other new players either (ie. only wants to run with veterans, where it's almost a guaranteed success).

In these cases (the game offers you plenty of things to do, but you don't want to do them), /bored will come up with some other things to do - take out the trash, tidy your room, do your homework. Those are all good (non-random) things to do that your parents will appreciate.

I realize you're trying to make /bored actually hint at stuff to do in-game, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea if we add a command that tells people what to do next - not only might they rely on it too much, it'll also feel like a chore ("okay, the game wants me to do this now"). Eating broccoli sounds rather random - the /bored command is actually very serious. If you don't find you cannot bother to do anything the game offers, you should take out the trash or help your parents.
The one thing I might add is suggesting that you go outside and do sports. That's also a good thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:21:18 pm by toby »