Forum - Akia is lost? New Quest!

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Akia is lost? New Quest!  (Read 2701 times)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:48:20 pm »
I was thinking about maps i have been making and one of them helped me think of an idea about akia (with pike's help). It would be a lvl 10-32 dungeon (sorta like the castle dungeon) and it may need a group of highly skilled warriors to accomplish. Here is the story

One day as you walk into saliko village you notice that akia is gone! worried for the poor plant creature you look around town, the garden, the bakery and you even go far east and west of saliko to find her. But to no avail, she is gone with not a trace left behind. But wait! As you are walking around near the east caves a scrap of paper float by in the wind. You quickly grap at it and look at what you got. ! it is a hastily scribbled note in akias hand writing. With this information you find the mayor, who gives you the task of rescueing her. Your search leads you far accross saliko, every where from the Hollow Tree to Everchange Caverns. Then finally you track down the note to almsot the exact place where you started. You find out that there are witches near the east cave. you know rose who is a freind of yours but this note suggests something far more sinister is lurking in the forest. You set out to confront rose, who admits to seeing akia going by in a rush. Rose says "She was running at full speed shouting about monsters harming the forest". With this new information you rush to the place that was pointed out to you by rose and find a portal that leads you to the house of the witch. Do you dare to go inside? Is it a choice? Or do you have to?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:39:09 am »
It sounds fine; one thing to keep in mind tho is that I have a lot at my hands. If you want this quest added, you need to virtually provide any quest text, any maps, and they need to be of decent quality (not that you'd do it, but if I followed certain suggestions, Rose would "talk liek dis lol").  I'd still draw items (unless you find someone to do it), but I wouldn't introduce new monsters, since I have a couple of unfinished ones at the moment.

Every quest that are should be added needs:
- The quest introduction, which is what you see when you click the NPC offers you the quest.
- An in-progress text, which is the text you see if you talk to the NPC that'd finish the quest, without meeting the criteria.
- The completion text, which is the text you see if you talk to the NPC while meeting the quest criteria.
Of course I'd also need to know what NPCs would give them.

Also, scripted events are possible, but they can use a lot of my time depending on their complexity. Thus, I prefer fewer scripted events, and only those that are necessary. Also, new maps need to fit in somewhere, and they need to look decent to be added in. :3

Finally, a level 10-32 area isn't too great of an idea. You expect people to follow that quest line over virtually all the content that's currently there, over weeks of play time - which might be a bit much. Better stick it to one level range, and best one that players will likely have when they encounter your quest :3

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:30 am »
right now i am drawing stuff for the maps and making the quests themselves i will post link when i am done

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »
good idea