Forum - [Closed] Suicide jump in cave to midnight mountain

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Suicide jump in cave to midnight mountain  (Read 2536 times)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »
There is a jump by hope that is rather tricky to cross and it gave me a lot of trouble could you look into it maybe the jump hint isnt where it is supposed to be or something cause it was really fustrating deing all those times from a bridge!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:09:58 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:24 am »
There is no (usable) jump hint there at all. You have to walk up to the gap and jump over it. ;P However, this is consistent in-game. Jump hints are never placed over bottomless pits, they only exist in places you can go directly up or down.

That said, it should not be as impossible as you make it out. I just went there, and made 10 jumps over the gap in both directions, none of them missed, and I am overseas (latency-wise).

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:35:40 pm »
i will look again but... i think it is better maybe all it needs is practice, i still think it is more difficult a jump than any other place

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »
clicking works sometimes but other times i just click myself over the edge xd still is a bit suicidy

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:05 pm »
I do believe it is supposed to be like that. The way i look at it, there is a platform underneath of course. Otherwise there would be no falling. But if there were a jump hint, then you would auto jump every time you reached the edge and over. This would then make having the Auto Death platform, useless, because unless you purposely missed the jump (or went too early) then there would be no way that you would be able to fall. It's there for a reason, and in my eyes, to equal the dangers which can be in a real cave system. (Yes you should practice your jumping to keep tombstones from reaching down there XD)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »
the wisdom of kitson speaks again and i shall follow your advice xd all though some dangers i can live (literally) without

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 06:56:29 pm »
If I make you auto-jump over it I might as well take the entire pit out because it is pointless.
Let's not dumb it down too much. It's a game and not real-life. Games are supposed to have challenges and thrill. A scary pit fits in that description just fine. ;3

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:41:31 pm »
i didnt know there was a pit, all i saw was that i died couple times in a row and was pissed xd

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »
In any case, this is not a bug.