Forum - [Closed] Question about ToS

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Question about ToS  (Read 4247 times)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:49:10 pm »
Under Game play etiquete it state this as the last bullet
           - will not disrupt the service or other players' game experience. As an exception, you are welcome to try and crash or freeze the server. However, once you succeeded (or failed), you are to report the issue and cease in exploiting it further to interrupt gameplay.
                      Does this give stated permision to try and cash the server!!!!???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:38:39 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:57 pm »
                      Does this give stated permision to try and cash the server!!!!???

You can try and crash the server, with two main caveats:

First, don't use this to justify spamming or similar.

For example, if you flooded public chat to the point that other players are bothered by it and reported you, I would see that and sanction your account, even if you claimed it was "to try and crash it lol" (if you want to spam public chat, there are instanced dungeons and a #spam channel that you can join).

Second, if you succeeded in crashing it, don't continue to crash it. When I see the crash, I will likely go through the logs, and if I notice five crashes, and after one of them I see, for example " lol watch i crash it again now you nubs ", I would also sanction your account.

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:39 pm »
why would you want to crash the server?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:49:48 pm »
If you don't try it, someone else will. ;P

Plus, I don't think you can crash the server.
But you are welcome to prove me wrong. :3

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:30:22 pm »
pike says that he crashed the sever once :) making it / by 0

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:53:27 pm »
Yes, if you crash it you disconnect. ;P

pike says that he crashed the sever once :) making it / by 0

Pike found a pretty good number of glitches so far. :3

Pike

• Lint
  • FishFishFish
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 08:47:18 am »
When trying to crash the server, please note that:
If you crash the server, you will disconnect.
However, if you disconnect, that doesn't necessarily mean that you crashed the server.

Crashing the server disconnects every online player.
Sometimes, there are occurrences in which only your side is disconnected.
These include (but are not limited to):
-Repeated Actions
    ~(ex: spamming certain keys)
-Very poor internet connection
-Being idle for too long
-Being kicked off the server

I hope this clarifies the matter!

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »
Yups, as Pike said - you don't really have a way to *tell* that you crashed the server (except for asking if everyone else got disconnected too), but I will let you know if you did. ;P If you disconnect, it might be a problem with your connection, and sometimes even whole regions can get disconnected.

Plus, if you did really glitch something out, just saying "i crashed the chat" isn't quite enough detail to even guess what you saw that made you think you crashed it. Whatever you did at 9am today, the server didn't even find it worthy to log a message about. ;P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »
Well, I was like just testing out if I could make it, on the spam chat, I was the only one online that time btw, and after I wrote the 10 spam, a little window saying something about a fail I did and i got disconnected.

Honestly, I have no idea what you are referring to. There is no error message that says something about "a fail you did", which I know because I wrote every error message there is.

If you saw an error message, the *exact* message would be important, or at least the date and time. In any case, crashes are very noticeable to me, so I can safely tell that there was none.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »
Tell the exact error message you saw. :3

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »
None of the messages that result in/from a disconnection can mention that anything happened to the server. Like I said, I know that because I have written the error messages. I remember, of the top of my head, the exact wording of the three messages, however I am being vague on purpose, because looking for the correct wording of an error message in a report is a quick way to judge its validity. :)

Anyhow, I think this matter is well discussed by now, so I will go ahead and close this thread. Make sure to get the exact message when you are reporting a problem.