Forum - New Type: Rogue

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Poll

Do You Like My Idea?

Yes
11 (50%)
Maybe
8 (36.4%)
No
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: New Type: Rogue  (Read 5320 times)

Cleo

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »
Hiya!
I was thinking about a new type: the rogue
Rogue:
Source of magic/damage:
Mana and Endurance
Spells:
#1: Disable Trap: Disables a hunters trap, making the trap blow up, inflicting 500 damage to everyone in it's radiuce, not you though, and disangrrates the trap.
#2 Bears Endurance: Increases your health by 500 for 30 seconds, and makings you raging, dealing +20% more damage for 10 seconds.
#3: Hold person: Makes a person stunned for 20 seconds, making them vernable to attacks.
#4: Sneak: Makes you invisible for 20 seconds, and any damage will cancel this affect.
#5: Defend: Blocks all attacks for 10 seconds (3 minute cooldown)
#6: Catch: Does 75 damage, at level one, and +50% of your damage. Level two: 150 damage and 75% damage. Level 3: 300 damage and 150% of your damage. Level four: 600 damage and 175% of your damage.

That's all i could think of, let me know if you like it!

Thnx,
Bots
Cleo

Cleo

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:40:14 pm »
sorry for the bad spelling ;P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:26:19 pm »
Hunters have quite a few rogue skills. That is intended ;3
Specifically -

Source of magic/damage: Mana and Endurance

already done with hunters.

#1: Disable Trap: Disables a hunters trap, making the trap blow up, inflicting 500 damage to everyone in it's radiuce, not you though, and disangrrates the trap.

Interesting concept, but the damage is too high (even by level 32 standards) and can be easily nullified by everyone just stacking on a trap (which is what will happen in most cases anyway).

#2 Bears Endurance: Increases your health by 500 for 30 seconds, and makings you raging, dealing +20% more damage for 10 seconds.

Again, interesting concept, but more something that could be added to hunters in a weaker form.

#3: Hold person: Makes a person stunned for 20 seconds, making them vernable to attacks.

20 second stun is completely out of proportion. Might as well make a skill that logs them out.

#4: Sneak: Makes you invisible for 20 seconds, and any damage will cancel this affect.

Mage's invisibility, invisibility potions.
Hunter's stealth.

#5: Defend: Blocks all attacks for 10 seconds (3 minute cooldown)

No invulnerabilities. ;)

#6: Catch: Does 75 damage, at level one, and +50% of your damage. Level two: 150 damage and 75% damage. Level 3: 300 damage and 150% of your damage. Level four: 600 damage and 175% of your damage.

See Warrior's Thrash and Hunter's Ambush.

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:12:04 pm »
good thought though

Cleo

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:24:46 pm »
it was just a suggestion..

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »
it was just a suggestion..

It was just a reply.
What are you gonna do later when people are supposed to give you feedback on your work? :3 What's discussion?

well, to be fair, toby, the hunter is kinda like another version of the warrior

True, but sort-of intended: If you're thinking about canines hunting, you don't immediately think of bows and arrows - it would kind of make sense for them to actually, you know, hunt down their targets physically. That was the main idea behind that.

The benefit of those skills (Rake and Rip) is that hunters have something to do when their target is below the minimum shooting range. To make them a little different, Rake and Rip depend on each other (Rip will do a lot more damage if there's a rake effect on the target). Double strafe without a minimum range kind of bypasses that (since if your target is in melee, you just spam double strafe, which was not intended), but I'll fix that, so Rake and Rip have more value.

At the same time, Rake and Rip pale against arrow skills: these do a lot more damage. The intend is that as you level, the melee skills become less attractive, still, they are solid if you're at close range or want to conserve arrows.

Endurance is alot like Fury just, it comes back over time

There's only so much you can do with resources:
- Limited resource, start full, go down as used, difficult to get back. (Mana)
- Abundant resource, start empty, go down as used, but come back relatively fast. (Fury)
- Abundant resource, start full, go down as used, but come back relatively fast. (Endurance)

If you think of it as a binary tree, the only type not yet used is

- Limited resource, start empty, go down as used, difficult to get back.

which is weird. ;P

plus, i always get excited over new classes cuz, well, i just love this site ^-^ but we can only create 5 chars, so..... if this idea is approved, we won't be able to make any more chars ;-; buuuuut i like the idea!

Seeing we have the source and full control of the game, there's no real limits. But I rather have four classes fully fleshed out and working instead of five classes where two are kinda shallow and meh.

Analyse

• Bluebell
  • Mage Rage C:<
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 01:24:58 am »
Well, it's an all new class, so we're just taking little steps at a time to make sure we get it all right? XD
I'm sure it involves lots of data collecting and tests so that its not too OP or weak. The level 32 requirement might be so that experienced players can offer constructive criticism?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:15 pm »
well, speaking of shallow - why are the hunters "enabled" for a certain test? like... about they're strenght?

We need to make sure their damage is inline before raising the level cap.
If the level cap *were* level 10 / 15 / 20 (which might happen at some point, I am contemplating stopping experience at 15 until someone has the green gem, or limit it to a small fraction, at least), then all classes should do about the same damage.

And yes, the level 32 requirement is simply because otherwise new folk will create hunters, hit the (lower) level cap, and think they "beat the Game" (see what I did there?) - without even having set foot into BFA or past Ashaya. Those who got to 32 usually have a good grasp of what places they are, and they also can have an educated opinion of whether a hunter is weaker or stronger than an equally leveled character (which is the whole point). :3

Like, right now there is no problem with raising the level cap to 25, but I want to have a few more runs of casper to see if hunters do adequate damage or not.

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 07:25:51 pm »
know wonder why

Doom

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 02:24:04 am »
Please dont post jibberjasbish in my posts/idea ex:
know wonder why
this gets VERY annoying anyway i looked at polls and lots of people like it so thats good.