Forum - Spirit Bottle Contest - Bluebells

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Spirit Bottle Contest - Bluebells  (Read 5467 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »
Remember that the Bluebells and the Baby Bluebells were redesigned? They have been one of the oldest monsters in the game, one of the first monsters new adventurers can fight - and yet they still don't have a spirit bottle.

So, if you have been waiting to make your own spirit bottle and get it added into Paw'D, here is your chance! Draw a Baby Bluebell (or a Bluebell, or maybe even one of the Bluebells surrounded several Baby Bluebells) in a picture, and post a link to it here in this thread. The best one (judged by execution, effort, style and pose, in that order) will become the official spirit bottle for Bluebells!

Interested? Read on!

What medium can you use?

Any! Don't worry if you can't draw well with a tablet - unlike regular items, which are drawn digitally, spirit bottles can be drawn on paper, with coloured pencils, water colours, markers - whichever medium you like the most. Of course, digital drawings work as well, however you won't have any less chance of getting selected if you use, for example, coloured pencils.

How many drawings can I submit? How many spirit bottles will be added?

You can enter as many drawings as you like. There will be one spirit bottle which will drop from Bluebells and Baby Bluebells alike - however, if several entries are very good, two might be selected - one for Bluebells, and one for Baby Bluebells.

Will I be credited?

Yes - you will be listed in the credits, and on the spirit bottle description. Make sure to sign your drawing too!
(Remember that drawings here are selected for the official spirit bottle - so only submit if you will give us permission to use it. We can work out a compensation for your efforts, too.)

What stats will the spirit bottle(s) have?

If your drawing is selected, I will contact you, and you can suggest its stats (as long as it's not unreasonable - a spirit bottle that gives you +100% Health would be rather overpowered).

Until when can I post drawings?

Any drawings submitted until the end of next Sunday - May 5, 2013 - will be considered. That means you have an entire week - so make good use of your time!

If you have any other questions - feel free to ask! Otherwise - good luck!

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »
Of course, I told you they would be. ;P

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 09:10:28 pm »
i have an effect but not a picture. enables use of blessing of speed lv1

Willow

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »

I drew a bluebell painting a picture on a canvas :D

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:26:50 pm »
Looks great! That's a very cute idea, and I love all the little pictures in the background. ^-^

Dirt

• Lint
  • My name's Dirt (my character name)
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »
Could I draw a dA muro drawing and post a link to the picture?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »
Could I draw a dA muro drawing and post a link to the picture?

Sure. :3

Dirt

• Lint
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 07:26:29 pm »
okie dokie

Dirt

• Lint
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »
Here's the link: http://illbuyyourocs.deviantart.com/art/Paw-d-drawing-for-contest-369456382?q=gallery%3Aillbuyyourocs%2F43499016&qo=0
Excuse the bad drawing skills.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 07:55:50 pm »
Here's the link: http://illbuyyourocs.deviantart.com/art/Paw-d-drawing-for-contest-369456382?q=gallery%3Aillbuyyourocs%2F43499016&qo=0
Excuse the bad drawing skills.

Try drawing traditionally - with coloured pencils and plain paper. Drawing on the computer without tablet is a chore, and it'll be much easier if you try it with traditional art. ;P

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »
here is something i drew!!
http://deathofdeath123071.deviantart.com/art/Bluebells-under-a-tree-369119305?q=gallery%3Adeathofdeath123071&qo=0
-demented bluebell-

Analyse

• Bluebell
  • Mage Rage C:<
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »
http://g-o-l-d-y.deviantart.com/art/Bluebell-Spirit-Bottle-369713539

:D

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 06:36:54 pm »
here is something i drew!!
http://deathofdeath123071.deviantart.com/art/Bluebells-under-a-tree-369119305?q=gallery%3Adeathofdeath123071&qo=0
-demented bluebell-

Nice. XD You should try traditional art if you don't have a tablet - trust me, it's much easier!

http://g-o-l-d-y.deviantart.com/art/Bluebell-Spirit-Bottle-369713539

:D

Looks great! Cute style, and adorable expressions! ^-^

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 09:59:06 pm »
Sunday has passed, so it's time to pick which drawing to use on the spirit bottles.

I propose Willow's (for the Baby Bluebells) and Goldy's (for the big Bluebell) drawings; Goldy's one is a no-brainer, and Willow's shows a lot of effort in it as well.

Digital drawings are kind of like a two-edged sword. They can look great, given the proper tools (such as the pressure sensitivity of a tablet), but with a mouse, it needs a *huge* deal of effort to make sure it doesn't look as if you literally pressed the pencil against the paper at full strength all the time. Traditional drawings aren't any worse than them - they can look great - so use them to practice, even if you plan on going digital art in future. ^-^