Forum - how do i put my pattern i like on pawd

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: how do i put my pattern i like on pawd  (Read 3388 times)

Libra

• Bluebell
  • gettin better everyday!
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:06:44 pm »
ok so i want to make my own pattern and upload so how do i upload the pattern so i can have a pattern thats cheaper?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »
ok so i want to make my own pattern and upload so how do i upload the pattern so i can have a pattern thats cheaper?

At the moment: obtain one of the Fancy Boxes at Radium and file a support ticket ("Help" on top of the screen).
In future, this will actually be implemented in-game, so you won't have to file a ticket for that, but for now, that's how you do it. :3

Keep in mind, adding your own pattern is not actually cheaper - it costs about twice as much gold as an existing pattern (because you have to get the fancy box). *Once* your pattern is added in, you can put it on one of your characters for free, and adding it to other characters is much cheaper.

If you just want a pattern, existing ones are the way to go. If you want to decide *exactly* how you want to look, then draw your own.

Libra

• Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:37:41 pm »
:o    wow drawn made ones 600 or 700 gold just wow

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 01:13:44 pm »
It gives you a goal to keep in mind.
What else would you use your gold for, beyond armor repair, potions, and the like. ;P

It's also a new feature, pretty novel, very noticeable (since it changes your look), and it was a bunch of work on my part to get it working. It just adds up. ;P Other sites charge you $29 to get your own design in, and then it's just a picture, not animated and you can't actually play with it.

Charging some gold isn't bad at all in that light, especially when level 32 players generate around 250+ gold a week (not including rare items that you find and could sell to other players). You'll get there, it's something to work towards, sure, but it's far from impossible or cruel.

Predrawn ones are cheaper. ;P

Libra

• Bluebell
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:32:42 pm »
(jaw drops at how much 32+ people make a week)  thats alot and i hate it when other web sites do that and charge you just to put a pattern you love to use it and show peeps

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:49:44 pm »
(jaw drops at how much 32+ people make a week)  thats alot and i hate it when other web sites do that and charge you just to put a pattern you love to use it and show peeps

Well, I kinda understand them too. They got to keep their site up, and if it's a simple website, $29 would cover the costs for a couple of months.

In any case, this here is something completely different. Yups, it does cost gold, but that's why gold is there. You earn it, so you can spend it. If I made everything cost five silver, you'd have lots of gold and nothing to spend it on. So, if something's really useful, or neat, nothing's wrong with it costing a bit of gold. It only puts those at a disadvantage who just want everything right now and don't actually bother to play - which I can live with. Quite well, actually. ;P

Libra

• Bluebell
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 07:48:20 pm »
yeah thats true