Forum - My world

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: My world  (Read 2719 times)

Bernard Black

• Baby Bluebell
  • Bio-Digital Jazz, Man!
« on: May 23, 2013, 02:24:48 am »
Listen, I need this to go to the head guy in charge.

Hey, I just want you to know something. I love this game. More than anything I've ever played. And here's why: The older, earlier version, (The one that started on DeviantArt) was simply beautiful. The reason i loved it was because it was relaxing. It was simple, yet elegant. There were quests, but they were done on your own time. There was hardly a sense of urgency to the game. It was my retreat from the real world, where tho pressures would be gone...
   But then the knew version/arc came around. It sort of ruined it for me, personally, since it gave you a reason to hurry, and find the solution to the problem at hand.
   Here is what would make it better for me, and potentially a few more people: Bring back the old version, but keep it separate from the new version. I mean, don't get me wrong. What you're doing is artistic genius. But for me, Pineapple & Strawberries, (As the old version was known at the time) was pure, relaxing gaming.
   I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, or even remember the old version, but back me up on this if you think it should happen.

Thanks guys,
                           Reyn, the Lost Traveler

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »
The game engine and the game content have not changed, and there is no "second version". Any sense of urgency you feel is urgency that you impose on yourself.

Looking at "Reyn", that character was created on March 28 2013, is level 1, and there have been no major changes in low-level content since March 28, so I don't know what you're on about. You are welcome to check the change logs. Unless you have another character so that I can evaluate what content changes you are actually talking about (because your post does not actually point out anything, you just go like "well yeah, everything"), I will have to dismiss this concern. Noxxara and Cladt both had time limits that wipe out groups that take too long since back in 2011 - there's always been some urgency. Perhaps you just didn't see it, from to lack of exploration. If I left all equal (for the last months, never mind that you weren't there, so the only ones suffering from that would have been the active players): eventually you'd have gotten to the point where Noxxy had gone berserk and KOed everyone - then what? You'd ask that I take that out too?

Even if you have another character: unless that character is a little bit higher level than level 1, I will likely make a point that you weren't playing the game anyway, the old content wasn't enough to retain you, and that you should use the map editor if you want a separate area to relax. Player created maps can be linked together like official maps, never change, and you can relax all the time (save for maintenance reboots, which take like 20 seconds).

PS.:

First "Bring back vanilla" post on Paw'D: GET.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1549665975

Bernard Black

• Baby Bluebell
  • Bio-Digital Jazz, Man!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
Hey, sorry about that. You're right, I haven't played this game much... it was a bit selfish of me to impose the idea of a new game. i want you to keep doing what you are doing, and don't mind me... thank you, though, for explaining it all to me.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 01:09:24 pm »
You can still make your own maps, which stay the same at all times, and only change when you want them to change. Some players have done exactly that, and hang out in there independently of the game. They have indeed - as you put it - made their own world. However, if you want to invite your friends there, you too may need to change and enhance them once in a while to keep them interested.

At the moment, the map editor takes a bit of learning, because you use the exact same tools I've been using (meaning you can do a lot with them, thus they also have a lot of options). They're not complicated, just have many things you can do with them which can clutter things up. 14 year olds have made their own maps in little time, so it's not like rigging a model in 3DSMAX. ;P

Libra

• Bluebell
  • gettin better everyday!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:27 pm »
how do you access the map editor and can you like chose the environment you want it to be and put monsters or people where you want? (as you can tell im new to the map editor xD)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »
how do you access the map editor and can you like chose the environment you want it to be and put monsters or people where you want? (as you can tell im new to the map editor xD)

Right now, I have to enable accounts for map editing. Just read the intro here and let me know when you're done. That will get you started.

You can choose the environment and the monsters. Uploading your own graphics is possible too. Monsters you can pick from common monsters. Player respawn points can be picked as well, of course players can walk around and the like, so no guarantees that they'll stay on your respawn points, unless you like cage them in. ;P

Libra

• Bluebell
  • gettin better everyday!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 03:40:50 am »
ah k and that would be funny just cage them there
also i got done reading a few minutes after i posted first sentence
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:47:18 am by Libra »