Forum - Stuns on Priests

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Stuns on Priests  (Read 4069 times)

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« on: August 10, 2013, 08:33:15 pm »
Just started playing and was thinking of some priest moves for lower level people (like me)
I only have one- will post more if i have more ideas! :)
Slam of justice
Does the same amount of damage as judgement does and stuns the target for 3 seconds
Costs 30 more mana then judgement
Cooldown 5 seconds

Mod-Edit: Changed to a more fitting title.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:35:24 pm by Tobias »

Libra

• Bluebell
  • gettin better everyday!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:07 am »
thats more warrior then priest because priests are attunted to nature and warriors arn't so that would unattune priests to nature because they call to nature to do such skills like revitalise.protection of nature,etc. so that move woudn't be like a nature move have you ever seen mother nature do a slam like that? then no priests can't do it (warriors are built for slam priests are squishy for healing)

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 07:01:45 pm »
thats more warrior then priest because priests are attunted to nature and warriors arn't so that would unattune priests to nature because they call to nature to do such skills like revitalise.protection of nature,etc. so that move woudn't be like a nature move have you ever seen mother nature do a slam like that? then no priests can't do it (warriors are built for slam priests are squishy for healing)

Nope, priest's have significant damage, the same as mages.
Warriors are meant to be part damage taker and part damage dealer
I.e
You have a group of 3 people
1 mage
1 Priest
1 warrior

The mages job would be to do the DPS
BUT
They wait until the boss is focused on the warrior (Alas if a mage is tanking you're going to die)

Warriors job is to take the hits and deal dps

Priest's job is to heal the warrior and other party members when necessary

Now onto the move

I see this as a very fair move- considering some mages can take down some well equipped warriors

It would make battling tougher and more interesting (from my standards )

That's all I have for now

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »
I am not opposed to damage priests receiving a short stun of some sort.
They seem to be lacking a bit in defence, so I'll see what I can do here.

so that move woudn't be like a nature move have you ever seen mother nature do a slam like that?

Priests use light and earth, so a "slam of justice" (which would be a light spell) would sort of fit.
Not saying that it will necessarily be called that. ;)

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »
Yup- toby does have a point- we lacking in defence and are killed easily- even the most strongest equips are as strong as a warrior's weak equips- so armor/defence/stun would be fair

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 05:50:38 pm »
Toby has already added some new moves in- it's pretty cool if you have an alt priest

Dawn

• Baby Bluebell
  • #healingslaveforlyfe
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 07:20:31 am »
While I do agree that priests should get some sort of interrupting skill, I don't think that a ranged skill which does as much damage as Judgement and stuns the target would necessarily be fair.
Also, for it only to be on a five second cooldown would be way too powerful, seeing as it is ranged and a warrior's Bash skill takes fifteen seconds to cool down and has to be applied by a melee.

(warriors are built for slam priests are squishy for healing)
Yup- toby does have a point- we lacking in defence and are killed easily- even the most strongest equips are as strong as a warrior's weak equips- so armor/defence/stun would be fair
I have also noticed that priests are squishy on the damage side, but if you're healing, you can take quite a few hits , Toby has assured that.

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:29 am »
titan I like ur idea tho a 5 sec cooldown might be too small

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 02:55:49 pm »
Questions Questions!

Hippo- toby has already added some new spells/skills in for priests

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 08:01:31 pm »
While I do agree that priests should get some sort of interrupting skill, I don't think that a ranged skill which does as much damage as Judgement and stuns the target would necessarily be fair.
Also, for it only to be on a five second cooldown would be way too powerful, seeing as it is ranged and a warrior's Bash skill takes fifteen seconds to cool down and has to be applied by a melee.

They way it's now should be somewhat fair - Terrify does interrupt (but without the lockout), takes someone out of combat for a short time (but breaks early if you go "all out" on them), and is on the same timer as a warrior's stun.

Priests shouldn't be able to stand up against an equally geared warrior in melee. The spells they have now should be good enough to provide a little more defence for damage priests.