Forum - Spell Resistances

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Spell Resistances  (Read 2194 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: August 19, 2013, 08:05:23 pm »
With the next reboot, I'll add in spell resistances to more spells. They have sort-of worked before, but only been applied to Flash Freeze and Disrupt Magic.

With the changes, the following spells will now be affected by resistance (and may fail, if the target resisted it):

- Dispel (Ghost)
- Disrupt Magic (Ghost)
- Flash Freeze (Water)
- Frost Nova (Water)
- Nightfall (Dark)
- Silence (Ghost)
- Steal Magic (Ghost)
- Terrify (Dark)

Resistance against these spells is gained by items that add "Magic Resistance (Element)". These are level-based, so the higher level your attacker is, the more resistance you need to resist a spell.

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:22:14 pm »
ok it sounds good- basically what it does is make it a shorter effect time right? >.< don't know

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »
ok it sounds good- basically what it does is make it a shorter effect time right? >.< don't know

actually Titan, i believe that what tobias meant is that the spells will completely fail to take any effect whatsoever should the resistance be high enough. It would be interesting to see this in the battlefield of PvP however, but not as heavy, say if a player has a basic resistance (caspy or DD bottle enchantment) that lv 2 NF or Flash Freeze will be reduced a level or so for 1 or more. (doom for when mages like Goldy go Ice mode ;D xD)

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:10:48 am »
ah ok- i was just wondering

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:53:48 am »
Crowd-Control spells are reduced in duration based on resist, but they will always take effect (so no double benefit there), unless you'd have 100% resist.

Spells that have an instantaneous effect (such as dispels, spell interrupts) have a chance to fail completely, based on resist.