Forum - "Mark Location" Button

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: "Mark Location" Button  (Read 4240 times)

Keera

• Baby Bluebell
« on: September 21, 2013, 02:51:53 am »
Hiya!,
       So I'm new to this and I'm really enjoying questing and to be honest, I LOVE the graphics so I really have to give a big round of applause to the creator of this game - epic job!

Anyways, I don't know if this type of thing exists but I was thinking that we could have a "Mark Location" button and "Teleport to Marked Location" button. What this means is simply if you have a quest and you have to go somewhere far you mark location in a certain area and then when you are done getting the objectives of the quest, you can just teleport to the marked location.

But, (I don't know if there are dungeons or not) in dungeons you do not have access to the "Mark Location" button because in a dungeon you keep progressing further and not back. But you can use the "Mark Location" button outside the dungeon.

However, perhaps the "Mark Location" button has a certain cool - down time so people cannot use it repetitively all the time. Or, we could get some kind of items as quest rewards (ex: scrolls).

I hope this suggestion gets taken into consideration.
Feedback is welcome! :)

Thanks,
      Keera

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:10:14 pm »
Hiya!

Glad that you like the graphics and whatnot! The ability you are describing actually exists - Mages can learn it (at a somewhat high level). It's called 'Bind Earth' - once you used that (you can use it on up to three different spots), you can use 'Teleport' to get back to whatever spot you bound to (you can also overwrite spots, so you're not stuck with the ones you picked). Like you described, you can't use it in dungeons (or PvP battlegrounds) either - so it's pretty much the ability you want. Did you roll a mage? XD

All classes have access to a warp scroll (which you can initially buy in Saliko Village, from dungeons and mini-boss tokens - so yes, there are dungeons in this game ;P). That warp scroll is upgraded several times to include new locations you reach, and you can use it to teleport to common places (and like you suggested, it does have a cooldown - 30 minutes).

Finally, there are also summon scrolls, which summons other players from your group to wherever you are. These you can find in the Everchange Cavern, which is a level 15 area.

One thing I might end up doing is adding a spirit bottle that gives Bind Earth / Teleport. Spirit bottles drop from monsters (rarely), and can be used to enchant your equipment, to either give you a stat boost, abilities, or other effects. Perhaps one of bosses that doesn't have a spirit bottle yet could get that one.

Hope that helps!

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 02:26:47 am »
how about scav?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:13:58 am »
how about scav?

I wouldn't be opposed to giving a Scavenger Spirit Bottle teleport.

Steelshard

• Lint
  • I was banned for being a complete jerk. X.x
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:22 pm »
Wait
Woah..
:D i can port scav doesn't sound bad!

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »
Now that i think of it, it would be reasonable for a mini boss or something of the sort to have such a bottle. the Bloodfang Scavenger can teleport, which makes it a good idea. i know that there are other monsters in Icy that are not bosses and can teleport. suggesting Sakky would be good since he teleports after taking over Luci and or Sian (depending on the modes) but he's more of a water element Spirit bottle imo. it would be cool though, but i would suggest that the skill not be instant and that there be a short time limit in which you have to use it before it fails and a cooldown starts. like one where players who would mess with others cannot use it in order to warp out just as a boss battle starts or right before, leaving others in a bit of a mess (i say this because i ended up with such trolls in other games before where they leave right before you pull and you get doomed.)

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:50:38 am »
yeah i agree w/ kit

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »
like one where players who would mess with others cannot use it in order to warp out just as a boss battle starts or right before, leaving others in a bit of a mess (i say this because i ended up with such trolls in other games before where they leave right before you pull and you get doomed.)

People could still just pull the boss - most don't care about dying, and it has no real penalty in this game anyway.
If that happens, you boot them from your group, and don't invite them again. ;)

Steelshard

• Lint
  • I was banned for being a complete jerk. X.x
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:50 pm »
Quite right kit

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 01:32:22 am »
People could still just pull the boss - most don't care about dying, and it has no real penalty in this game anyway.
If that happens, you boot them from your group, and don't invite them again. ;)

oh yeah i forgot about that. good point xD