Forum - Santa Plushies

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Santa Plushies  (Read 4181 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: December 24, 2013, 12:24:37 pm »
If you noticed the little Santa plushies that are hanging on the trees (they're also in the item database), I have been adding them over the last week or so. Generally I went by who I saw online a few times, simply so they'd be able to see their santa plush (as opposed to adding it for someone who'd never check to know it existed).

By now, fourteen of these little plushies exist - and since I'm finalizing things like the Secret Santa event (and also having my family over for Christmas), these are as many as I'll be able to draw. If you want yourself as Santa, though, here is the base:

http://www.pawdgame.com/santa-base.psd

Change the hue and the pattern to match yours, and send a link to the finished PNG (with transparency) or a PSD to me using the "/support" command - and I'll add it in. Keep in mind when drawing patterns that fine details will be lost (since the actual Santa plushies visible on the tree are only 13x22/23 pixels) - so drawing coarse details is better than drawing a lot of fine ones.

Taiton

• Lint
  • I was banned for being a complete jerk. X.x
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:07:31 pm »
hmmm, my computer can't work the file, it says it doesn't recognize the file. Could you add mine manually?
You could do mage to make it easier, he's just white :P

Orly

• Bizz
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 07:09:46 pm »
Thanks for making the plushies you could!   They're r really fun! Merry Christmas!

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 09:18:34 pm »
is there a deadline for our christmas fluffs? (Or Santa Plushies if you find fluffs offensive ^^; )

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 02:42:31 am »

The earlier you're done, the sooner you see them.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 02:55:31 am »
hmmm, my computer can't work the file, it says it doesn't recognize the file.

GIMP (which is free) can open PSD from what I know. You can also ask others, such as Freddi or Willy, to help.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »
Since I ran into this on 2/3 submissions, I'd like to add this note for anyone who still wants a plushie: do not add gadgets to it.

The goal isn't to look better than all the other santas by having "bling" that no one else has, and while I may leave them in the item illustration, I will not honour them for their in-game representations. Your fur and your markings are fine. Anything else is not.

Also spell-check your description. I will also remove anything that hints your santa is "better" than the others, and if you gloat too much, I will use a generic "A cotton Santa plush that appears to resemble X" description.

You wouldn't think it's necessary that I have to mention this all for a Christmas item.

Kevin

• Baby Bluebell
  • Ψ( ◉ω◉ )Ψ Choppa!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 02:03:22 am »
Mmmmm, i still haven't said "thank you" for the plushie........so thank you ^^

And yes, GIMP can be used to open .psd........ using it its another story ^^
(all i could get its a fluorescent-alien-wolf-thing)

Freddi

• Lint
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »
Toby, would it be possible to ask you to change my Santa to now have my markings since I now have a fur pattern? o: I can just remake the picture and send it to you.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:24:44 pm »
Toby, would it be possible to ask you to change my Santa to now have my markings since I now have a fur pattern? o: I can just remake the picture and send it to you.

Sure, no problem.

Leopardstar

• Lint
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 10:44:38 pm »
Toby, my computer says it cant recognize the file like Taiton's said. Can you make mine later when your not busy?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 03:01:55 pm »
Toby, my computer says it cant recognize the file like Taiton's said. Can you make mine later when your not busy?

I am literally always busy, I don't just sit there wondering what I could possibly do - I have a huge list of things to work on, at any given time.
You could ask someone else on details of how to open PSDs. A lot of people here know it, and then there's also Google, your parents, your friends in class. Goldy (who you know over Willow, if I'm not mistaken) definitely knows it, maybe warm up to them.

Leopardstar

• Lint
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 04:59:05 pm »
I understand that your busy toby I will ask friends and go to google.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

Awesome, thanks.