Forum - Custom Titles?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Custom Titles?  (Read 4346 times)

Ignis

• Bluebell
  • Everything will be reborn in time.
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:28 pm »
So just had a derp and out pops this idea... Tobias would it be possable to request titles to be made like for the derp! trophey a title of "________ The Derpy" or something.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:43:47 pm »
o.o putting in my own feedback (hooray for forums not being flash) the idea sounds nice, but there would be also extra work imo with like adding filters.

that is just for when players want titles like "Everyone but _____ is n00b" or adding weird words. again i like the idea (as a player even though the internet has been my bane <.>) but titles are awarded as part of trophies or achievements i believe, and even if there were, like fur patterns, i would imagine they would be pretty costy in-game-money o.o

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:57:52 pm »
Giving out titles to individual players (if that's what you're suggesting) is not something I consider - because who decides who gets what title. Either I have to allow every single player (including all those that go inactive quickly), causing a lot of chaos (and devaluing titles as a whole), or people cry bias.

If anything, I consider titles for trophy rewards and the like. However, for a title such as "the Derpy" I cannot think of a trophy that is reasonably challenging, and fits with that title.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:07:05 pm »
just cause i wanted to give my idea, even though it is already in game (sorry if i annoy, and again just me being silly) I think that for "The Derpy" really it would involve having to make a bunch of mistakes in like one of the more current "challenging" dungeons (keep in mind this is VERY vague as for us challenging is mona, for new players challenging is the hollow tree or before and so on) and where you'd lose reputation or get a lot of sympathy for messing up so much.

but yeah, my silly idea aside xD but in seriousness, titles should stay as rewards, i will agree on that. Just like with the "make me bigger/smaller!" event that happened, i feel that people would abuse it whether they mean to or not sadly. And truth be, on my own opinion, people will always cry bias whenever something/anything new comes along, so best in the end for some things to, again, not be added in so these issues can be avoided completely, so again, i think this idea wouldn't fly.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 07:18:37 pm »
just cause i wanted to give my idea, even though it is already in game (sorry if i annoy, and again just me being silly) I think that for "The Derpy" really it would involve having to make a bunch of mistakes in like one of the more current "challenging" dungeons (keep in mind this is VERY vague as for us challenging is mona, for new players challenging is the hollow tree or before and so on) and where you'd lose reputation or get a lot of sympathy for messing up so much.

The problem with this approach is that it encourages playing poorly. Imagine being in a group where someone makes a lot of mistakes just to get the trophy - causing wipes or making the dungeon much more difficult to complete.

That's why I said: " I cannot think of a trophy that is reasonably challenging, and fits with that title". I don't think there is one.

Sonary

• Lint
  • Justice is to hearts what strength is to body.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 03:10:03 pm »
How about...
The Fallen Hero, (Player Name)   ???

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 04:48:27 pm »
How about...
The Fallen Hero, (Player Name)   ???

Maybe some time in future. ;P

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »
How about this:
Clear the whole monastery without dying ONCE (yes, including GS).

Title:

_________ (Player Name), The Monastery Professional

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:57 am »

I'd have one too. >3

______, the Unbalanced!

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 01:45:14 am »