Forum - Hunter Charm

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Hunter Charm  (Read 2679 times)

Kirk

• Bluebell
  • Team Robot
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:58:14 pm »
With the incorporation of aspect stones, more people have taken on hunters. It becomes apparent that there is no charm to help a hunter out. I started trying to figure out what I would want the charm to be.

Thought about improving arrow crafting a bit, but any hunter worth their salt already has way too many arrows.

A charm that allows backstep to act like skip and step out of rooted situations, but then why not just call the class mage 2.

A charm to help with stand off distance that increases knockback of sharp shot. Not a bad idea but it's a one sided charm and doesn't support a wide variety of builds, ie ranged or no charm despite that range seems to be the only build attempted of yet.

A charm to add a stun effect when attacking from camo or veil of shadows. This one I like, it supports all manner of builds, adds an interrupt that works in pvp and doesn't particularly change boss fights but keeps a solo hunter at standoff or can mitigate close range damage.

I invite others to add ideas but the main thought is hunter's could use a charm.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:52:41 am »
Improving arrow crafting is risky, because you'll end up with even more arrows than you already have.
As for backstep - when you are rooted, these roots are holding you in place, so you cannot move an inch. Backstep wouldn't do anything. The reason mages can get out is because they literally teleport, hence they are no longer where the roots are.

Increasing knockback is definitely a charm I can see implemented. Same goes for the stun.

Arthur

• Lint
  • Boo
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »
Well, hunters need a lot of things too, not only charms, but this post is about charm so I have some ideas.

A charm for Sharpen Senses, it could increase the endurance you get and your maximum endurance for more time, or in it's defect, a charm that let you regain endurance faster, or like the Charm of Energy, one that refunds endurance if an attack fails.
A charm for a pet could be nice too, one that allows you to revive your pet at 75% of it's life.
A charm that increase your walk speed for more time, maybe 50% for 12 seconds.

I also thought about interrupt a cast, but in my opinion it could be a skill instead of charm, as a loner hunter for almost 25 levels, a skill to interrupt a cast would've been very handy.

edky

• Lint
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:53:34 pm »
I've been thinking about this to. I'm in the process of designing some charms - one in the form of an arrow head, and another in the form of a target board. One could deal with increasing the efficiency for certain arrow skills (lowering endurance cost slightly), and another could be an increase in damage for a skill. Other than that, I'm still playing around with the hunter, figuring on what works and what doesn't with that class.