Forum - [Closed|Abandoned] Spam

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed|Abandoned] Spam  (Read 2323 times)

Rengarr

• Baby Bluebell
« on: October 18, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »
A spam section for the forums maybe?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:37:28 pm by Tobias »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 04:06:13 pm »
There's an off-topic forum for .. off-topic stuff. ;P

Just randomly spamming with no context whatsoever isn't really something that needs a forum, and posts that are really just spam would be deleted.

I'm not quite sure what you're aiming for, but judging from your previous posts, you would prefer a game where you can buy content with real money, while people spam left and right - which is not how things are run here. If you like that, I'm sure you'll find plenty of that elsewhere, tho. Not sure why you'd enjoy that, but hey - to each their own. ;)

Rengarr

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
I don't think my aim for this community would be pointless spam and items that cost real money.  My intentions are only to provide you with ideas and seeing what you would do with the ideas I give you, thus posting these topics in the 'Suggestions and Feedback' section.  Would I like for your community to be like this? I only use what you provide and I do not complain about what you don't.  Doesn't seem you feel to happy about my previous posts so I guess I will cease to keep posting 'pointless' suggestions.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »
There are two problems I have with your suggestions.

Problem 1

First, they appear to be 'loaded' - you start off by stating things as fact that aren't true. For example, in your previous suggestion, you begin by telling me a "nice alternative to getting funds besides donation" - wait, what donations? There are absolutely no donations or donation items anywhere, and I have absolutely no problem affording the servers. Yet you begin your suggestion by implying I'm already getting donations, and now you'll come with an alternative.

I am not even going to start commenting on the quality of the suggestion that a game with a small community, like Paw'D, should, according to you, create a paywall to divide the community into paying and non-paying players.

Your second suggestion is loaded too - you suggest that the game needs a spam forum. To put the spam inside? Wait, what spam? Sorry, but I can't really see any spam. Unless you want to start posting spam - that's why I clarified the existence of the "Off Topic" forum, and mentioned that postings being flat-out spam would still be deleted.

Since I had problems with both suggestions (other than them being loaded), I allowed myself to summarize them to paint the picture I got from them. And here comes the second problem:

Even through you are bold - in both topic and typeface - with your suggestions, you do not stand behind any of them. Now that I was so brazen and posted (just as bold, but only in words) the picture I got from your suggestions, I would have expected something back that corrects it. But no.

Problem 2

You're never even defending your ideas - likely because you never were serious about them. Look around on this forum - there are a ton of serious suggestions - many of them implemented. On each one of them, when I replied back, whoever suggested it defended it, gave more information, or detailed their thought process.

Instead you're only defending yourself - likely because you could never stand behind your suggestions and genuinely say "that's what I stand for" without blushing.

As a result, yes, I would prefer that you stopped posting suggestions you aren't serious about, or "experiment" suggestions to "see what I would do". In fact, the "Suggestions are Interactive" rule from the sticky applies. Yes, as you boldly state, this is a Suggestions and Feedback forum. But that forum has rules! They are posted in the sticky.

And with that, this topic is closed. Please follow the Suggestions Guidelines in the sticky. Thanks! ~