Forum - Screen Not Loading, Stuck In Limbo

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Screen Not Loading, Stuck In Limbo  (Read 3156 times)

Radiation

• Lint
« on: January 02, 2015, 05:46:18 pm »
When I attempt to do things like go into a dungeon or even go across ordinary screens, the black loading screen always seems to get stuck (the little white loading bar almost never gets to the end, ever) and I disconnect. I need to reload or reconnect, sometimes multiple times, before I can go into the next screen without being stuck in what I'm now calling "screen limbo." My computer also is calling the starting place in the middle of Midnight Mountain a dungeon, so when I try out new characters, everything tends to get stuck the moment I blow up the gunpowder and I need to restart that quest again. It's quite frustrating.

Also, my graphics aren't working very well (new equipment and items sometimes appear as hourglasses), and my mouse continually disconnects during gameplay, though I do think that those two problems are the cause of my computer, which is quite outdated by now. :P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:47:48 am »
It must be a problem with your internet connection - or something else is installed that interrupts the download. Remember, you had that before, where your family blocked various sites. ;P

When you see a loading screen with bar, you can click into the black and hit your "F12" key - that will show you a detailed progress. Even with that, though, if the files don't download more quickly, the game can't do much about that.

If you get disconnected during the loading screen, then something messed with your connection to the game server. There is no "time limit" for loading; the game server and client do send each other signals to indicate they're still there, but they also work while on the loading screen.

The hourglasses indicate a problem with your connection as well - if you see an hourglass as an item, then the game client is still waiting for that item to be downloaded. These files are really small - like 3-4 KB. A normal download. If you see an hourglass longer than a few seconds, then that might be your connection too. If downloading a 3 KB file takes long enough to download for you to notice the hourglass, I can imagine how loading a new map would be slow. You can enable or disable SSL and see if that makes a difference again.

From my point of view, people can connect and play just fine, so this is likely on your end.
My advice from my last post still stands; we've shown that there's software on your computer messing with your connection. Hence, I would consider the computer compromised. The only definite remedy is to do a full backup, wipe it clean, and restore just the files that you need and know to be safe.

(Also, the mines are indeed a dungeon.)