Forum - Melee or Ranged?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Melee or Ranged?  (Read 1953 times)

Calis

• Baby Bluebell
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:24:11 pm »
Hello everybody,

I'm a new Hunter, and I want to know which method is better for damaging or surviving dungeons: melee attacks or ranged attacks (arrows and stuff).

Also, if I choose melee, should I get Veil of Shadows/Camouflage or Sprint/Shadowstep? Otherwise, I'd just keep using Rake, Rip, and Enchant Poison.

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:37:27 pm »
Warriors are melee XD
I strongly recommend double straffe and the arrow aoe.

Reck

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:20:15 pm »
if it is only for a war class then y put melee skills on the hunter class?

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 12:52:29 am »
I didnt see always.
Warriors are 4 close combat, instead of ranged. But, the option for melee iz there prolly cuz it wood be better and easier to level.

Foxleap

• Bizz
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:26 pm »
Hm...Maybe you guys should talk in regular english so it's easier to understand what your saying, anyway though, I have to agree with Reck. Hunters generally have more dps using arrows to attack then close up combat. While hunters generally have lower dps, having a leveled pet is also helpful as well and I suggest that you should also spend skill points on that section.

Calis

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 08:27:07 pm »
Heh, I'd have to agree with Foxleap. I didn't grow up listening to text-speak, so abbreviations and such always confuse me a bit. ^^'

So the Pet Combat section is also useful?

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »
Yup, pets are always good to have.
Hunters have an advantage over warriors due to the fact that they can change arrows easily, without having to get the glove. If you choose to go melee, you'll need to get elemental gloves.