Forum - Change Log - April 1, 2015

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Change Log - April 1, 2015  (Read 1911 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:48:51 pm »
In order to make everything slightly more realistic, sound effects have been added to public chat.

In addition:

Dungeons

- The Moonlight Monastery will be closed for renovations until October 2015. Several parts of the main hallway are kind of torn, and in consideration for the Monastery's residents, they will be refurbished.
- For canon reasons, Casper is now friendly.

General

- As everyone knows, part of the inspiration for the game comes from Ragnarok. In that spirit, similar to Ragnarok Online skill and stat assignments are now permanent and can no longer be reset.
-- Similarly, getting knocked out reduces the experience you gained so far by 5%. As a slight twist, you can level down if you would drop below 0%, but you shouldn't die that much anyway.
- Sitting in the villages instead of fighting monsters and generally keeping you in shape will cause your character to gain weight.
-- This affects melee, cast and walking speed.
- To increase the challenge and the realism in dungeons, many bosses will now cancel their own casts to counter the Disrupt Magic spell, and restart them a second later.
- Tabards not washed in Saliko's or Schwartzwald's fountain will start to smell after a week.
-- When this happens, other player characters and monsters will automatically begin commenting about that fact.
-- Washing them in Argan River might cause leeches to hook on to it.
-- Washing them in the Southern Seas will coat them with salt and make them heavy.
- Warriors now have a third resource, the "Claw" meter. This indicates how sharp your claws are. Attacking in melee reduces sharpness, however they do regenerate over the following weeks.
-- If your "Claw" meter drops to zero, "Auto-Attack" changes to "Auto-Pet", "Bash" changes to "Pat" and "Slash" changes to "Slap", greatly reducing damage done.

Backend

- To cut costs, the servers are now hosted in Bramble's living room. We ask for your understanding when her Mom unplugs them to vacuum the floor. She has pretty decent bandwidth, so it should be ok.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:10:51 pm by Tobias »

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 08:12:47 pm »
Aww, I really need my Mona Gear!

lol Claw meter okay XD

Orly

• Bizz
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »
Bravo, Toby.  I think these changes were sorely needed and this is a good time to implement them.

Bramble

• Global Moderator
  • Lint
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:33:31 am »
I'll keep my floors super clean so my mom doesn't have to vacuum!!

Chaotic

• Bluebell
  • Everything will be reborn in time.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:35:48 am »
Thank you Bramble, if all else fails attack the vacuum! xD