Forum - Change Log - April 2015

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Change Log - April 2015  (Read 3033 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:27:21 pm »
On top of the Crystal Crypt being fully available now, with all bosses having two difficulty modes and appropriate loot, today brings a few minor changes:

Dungeons

- Bosses will no longer reset if their primary target falls from the platform, as long as there are other valid targets in reach. (Reported by Orly)
- The phase switch on Elder Patrizya's Hard Mode occurs 5% earlier.

Quests and Trophies

- The previous April Fool's quest (with Noxxara) is now available as a story quest, at the Sleepy Spirit in the Robot Factory.
-- Because of that, the trophy for completing the battle has been moved to Quests, requiring the completion of the spirit's story quests. Existing trophies are grandfathered in, if you have the trophy you keep it - if you don't, you have to complete the quests now.
- The Fliffy Herder trophy never quite followed the spirit of the other trophies, and has been .. de-prioritized. It will show if you have it, but if you don't (which is true for 99.995% of the player base), it won't.
- The "Reserves for the Winter II" quest is now scaled to level 10.
- Fixed: Bottles obtained from Theo will now be bound upon pickup. (Reported by localguest)

Your Hiding Spots for Easter Eggs

As usual, we will hide eggs for this Easter - if you have a good hiding spot where you would hide an egg, let me know by filing a support ticket with the exact coordinates of your preferred hiding spot (type /where to get them) by Sunday, April 5.

Since Saliko and Ashaya have a lot of hiding spots from the previous years, only maps beyond Midnight Mountain - Lower Wilderness II and Kingdom of Elyssia - Frostspike Nest are considered.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:39:14 pm »
General
- Alyshia in Saliko Village now also trades the Golden Eggs you found for Easter Basket. (Suggested by Bramble)
- In addition, you can trade coloured eggs for a Spring Basket to place in your room at Nicole in the Blackwood Caverns. (Suggested by Bramble)
- Changing titles and pet behaviour did not work in the standalone client. This has been fixed. (Reported by Okxie)
- Several typos have been fixed. (Reported by Balance and Daahs)
- Bash will now deal at least one point of damage, even to very highly armoured targets.

Dungeons
- The Turrets in the Space Station encounter will no longer be biased towards ranged targets when using Plasma Barrage.
- Item scaling was off for levels 31+. This has been fixed, so scaling to a specific level also scales down to the equipment a player at such level would have access to.

PvP
- It is no longer possible to change classes after having been called to participate in the Battle for Schwartzwald.
- Ranking is now tracked for each individual class.
- Item levels are now scaled down in PvP combat for particularly high-leveled equipment, taking into consideration the target level of the queue.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »
General
- The quest Spiritual Heroine is now repeatable.

Dungeons
- The charge from Kale Ironstrike can no longer critically hit. (Suggested by selectLOL)
- The various plates thrown by Stewie are more visible now.
- Pathing of some patrols in the Crystal Crypt has been adjusted.
- Defeating the bosses of the Crystal Crypt now properly awards chests for first time clears.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:21:01 pm »
General
- Elemental alignment is now shown on player characters.
- Damage numbers have been adjusted to use bitmap fonts.
-- You can switch the damage number font by typing /option dnum .
- It is now possible to switch skills and classes, even while overweight.
- Forum posts from accounts that do not have at least one level 8 character will now automatically be moderated.
-- While moderated, posts appear to you in a muted cream colour, the colour of the tears of spammers that cannot simply make a level 1 character and spam.
-- Accounts with a character that has been flagged have all their posts moderated regardless of the level until all of their characters are unflagged.

Dungeons
- Additional trophies has been added to the Crystal Crypt, which complete this dungeon.
- Loot from the Crystal Crypt has been adjusted to be above Monastery (Hard) but below Space Station equipment.

PvP
- Battleground rating is now tracked separately for each individual class.
-- To ensure proper accounting, it is no longer possible to change classes inside a PvP battleground.

Quests
- The quest line at the Blackwood Caverns has been continued.
- Laurel in Blackwood Caverns will now return to her cave during night time. (Outfitted in part by Pandora)
-- During these times, she is not available for certain quests.

Bug Fixes
- Typos in items' descriptions have been corrected. (Reported by Daahs)
- Sea Shamans can now be used as guild pages (Suggested by Riversong).
- Pot Stills did not work properly, and have been fixed (Reported by Daahs).
- The informational 'enrage' buff applied to monsters that have been in combat for too long does no longer dissipate after some time (Reported by Foxleap).
- Level scaling works properly on trials once more (Reported by selectLOL).

Note that the Easter Event will end today. If you need to get any last golden eggs, or redeem them for their rewards, be sure to do so by today midnight.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:31:35 pm by Tobias »

Orly

• Bizz
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:36:11 am »
Hi, I have a question about Laurel's quests.  I asked her to slow down so I could complete the quest.  I assumed that quest would be repeatable so I could earn the trophy later (Im in a hurry to complete 500 quests! :)  Is it repeatable?  She is offering me nothing now, since I accepted the one to visit her home (Eye of the Storm).  I'm waiting for everyone to return so I can visit.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »

Laurel's quests are repeatable whenever she's outside and waiting for her family to return. There will be a point further down the quest line where they won't be available anymore, but once that is done and you get to that point, you'll see a clear notice alerting you of the fact.

Orly

• Bizz
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 08:41:59 pm »
ok, thanks!  i just met her brother XD 

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 09:53:51 pm »
General

- Elemental potions now have a two minute cooldown.
- Fire Ward has been changed to Elemental Ward, reducing the damage from all elements.
-- The potency of Fire Elemental Ward has been reduced.
- Treasure chests now spawn off the beaten paths of Blackwood.
-- In addition, the pirate ships has chests spawn in certain spots. (Suggested by Foxleap)
- The "Divide and Conquer" trophy has not been properly awarded. This has been fixed. (Reported by selectLOL)
- It is now possible to lock items to your bags, preventing them from getting dropped, sold or traded. (Suggested by Balance)
- The Frosty Purple Dye could not be linked in chat. (Reported by Okxie)
- Elly has begun selling Escape Rods. (Suggested by Foxleap)
- More typos have been fixed. (Reported by Daahs and Orly)
- The Blackwood River Area has been added.
- Depth ordering did not work properly in certain circumstances. (Reported by Foxleap)

Dungeons

- The difficulty of Axrahn Bladeclaw has been adjusted in all modes to bring him more in line of the other bosses' difficulty.
-- The number of adds in phase 1 has been reduced by two.
-- A timer for the phase switch is now displayed.
-- The debuff from Frenzied Swipes will no longer splash.
-- Axrahn's pounce at the crate is now telegraphed. In addition, he will no longer charge at players directly after pouncing at the crate.
-- Melee damage has been reduced slightly.
-- The previous 'Against the Odds' trophy is now a feat.

Mages

- Skills from high level water mages have been reset.
-- Icicle now only needs 7 levels to max out.
-- Same goes for Blizzard, needing only 5 levels.
-- Finally, Frigid Splash has also lost one of its levels.
-- The damage buff from Arctic Winds has been increased.