Forum - Suggestion

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 2302 times)

Chaotic

• Bluebell
  • Everything will be reborn in time.
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:38:24 pm »
So not much to say but I think poison should not be affected by Mana Shield.

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:35:40 am »
Wait- so you mean if I was to use Poison, and it hit 700 every 3 seconds, it would negate mana shield and hit 700? If you ask me, poison is no different then slash and embers, so would slash and embers be negated from mana shield as well?

Orly

• Bizz
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:36:33 am »
Well, no, don't agree.  Its part of the strategy:  lose health or mana, either way you can run out of resources eventually

Pandora

• Baby Bluebell
  • Hey!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 11:31:14 am »
Even still, if you loose health or mana either way, i think the mana shield should absorb the poison damage because it is much easier for mages to gain back mana than health during battles.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 10:46:57 am »
It would be realistic (you're poisoned, not your shield), but the mechanic and the reason that Mana Shield exists is that you have a way to stop damage (at the cost of your mana) as a mage.

I don't think adding an exception to that would help; if anything people would be surprised that the one spell that they know to block damage doesn't block it in all cases. Realistically, except for situations where it doesn't matter if you drained all your mana (namely because you'd be KOed anyway), you can't use mana shield for a long time, so the cost of blocking poison would be way too high.