Forum - Suggestion: Recovery Options

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Recovery Options  (Read 2668 times)

Anymys

• Baby Bluebell
« on: April 30, 2015, 02:24:33 am »
Today I felt like coming back on here to play, but I couldn't remember my password. I decided to check the forum to see if there was a password recovery option there, and by sheer luck my password was saved in Chrome, the relevant data automatically placed in the username/password boxes.

I would vehemently suggest implementing some form of password-recovery, such as the option of linking a person email address with your account. :P

Chaotic

• Bluebell
  • Everything will be reborn in time.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 02:30:54 pm »
Personally I once used an alt account and once Tobias asked if I had forgotten my password, I say just ask him maybe he could do something because implementing a system like that I'd expect would be a lot of work, otherwise sense chrome saved the password if you look in your saved passwords you can see the password and get it that way. If you need directions to the saved passwords I can tell you how to see the passwords.

Balance

• Lint
  • Hiya, i'm Balance!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 07:48:08 pm »
Hello Anymys,
As Chaotic stated, an making an alt and "/feedback"ing and asking for password recovery will probably work. If not, you can always try guessing it, because my password is the same for everything. If that doesn't work, I'd ask Toby for a reset and document the password for safe keeping.[

balance

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 01:10:48 am »
^ File a support ticket with details that you still remember, preferably from a computer that you used to play with before.

Since players aren't prompted for their e-mail address or any other sort of contact information, there is no place to recover the password to. Which is no issue, really, so far everyone managed to get their accounts recovered.

Remember that (like Chaotic said) Chrome and Firefox let you view the passwords you saved in plain, by going to the options.

Anymys

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 01:34:56 am »
I was able to get the relevant account information (username, password) out of Chrome before I made this first post. I just thought it would be helpful to implement automated account recovery. Unless I'm forgetting some account I've had before, this one is the one I had before.

Also, I've long since moved to better computers; the other computers I may have used have been gutted or broken for years. :P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 10:39:35 am »
Like I said, automated recovery would only be possible if we required e-mail addresses; which we don't. We're quite efficient at recovering accounts, however, we just have a human look over it.