Forum - "How to Solo Rochiear as a Mage!" Daah's travels

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: "How to Solo Rochiear as a Mage!" Daah's travels  (Read 3477 times)

Dosh

• Baby Bluebell
  • (t -_- t)
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:32:31 am »
Rochiears are a enormous turtles found in unknown places; I happen to saw one through my travels. He lives just by the Dark Abyss, into the clearing of the nearest regions of Blackwood by the Temple of Trials. The Rochiear I saw was a brown turtle with an abundance of moss growing on his shell with some fungi on top of that. Over my travels within the Blackwood region, passing the cave, I often ignored it. I had no reason to slay it or defeat it.

However, I was given a reason to defeat the Rochiear later on.. According to Cereus, Rochiears kept rock salt in their maws, and he needed the salt as an ingredient for a gift to Llyn. So then, I traveled to the Silt Cave and began fighting him.

Daah's notes on how to defeat Rochiear:

When fighting Rochiear, you will be automactically scaled to level 35. Upon death, you will spawn at the Dark Abyss, which is one portal away from Rochiear.

When done solo, he is weaker than he usually is. If he is to fight with more than one person, Rochiear won't be held back from his debuffed "Restrained."

Rochiear is Earth 1.

There is a thing called a Marsela Fruit. By clicking it once or using auto attack on it, you'll almost instantly use the fruit. It heals 275 points every 3 seconds, and this buff lasts for 30 seconds. I do not know when the next one spawns, but I don't need to worry. :)

Rochiear's notable behaviors:

At certain times, he will do Wild Charge. Wild Charge is a move that will make him charge all the way to the wall. He will destroy anything that is in his path. If you happen to be in Rochiear's way, you'll die. To combat this, you will either have to get behind him or jump on a stalactite; however, the stalactite will be, of course, destroyed.

Before he does a Wild Charge, he'll usually use Stomp throughout the battle. This will cause a stalactite to fall on whoever is in battle with Rochiear. It'll drop about 3 seconds after the Stomp. There are markings on where it will fall, so don't fret if you blinked and didn't see him stomped. You can destroy the Stalactite, but that won't help.

A huge one notable behavior is when Rochiear is at 30k hp and lower, he will start doing two Wild Charges instead of the normal one. To combat this, you'd want Rochiear to use Stomp, which will cause a stalactite to fall. Then, get to the other side of Rochiear. His Stomp damages the Stalactite, so make him get away from the Stalactite, enough from stomping range.

From 30k hp to his death, each stomp he'll do will summon a Rock Spirit. KILL IT. It will destroy the stalactite, or worse, go after you. It does quite a bit of damage.

It should look like this, except without the low mana.

Rochiear is the middle. Stalactite is behind Rochiear, and the adventurer is infront of Rochiear.

How to Fight Rochiear as a Mage:

You want the battle to end really quickly, even though you Rochiear does not have a beserk or an advantage that will cause him to become stronger over time because you can't recover your mana and hp in a long period of time. You would want to use Charm of Eternal Flame and Charm of Quick Harvest. You can put these charms on the hotbar, so you can equip them quickly in battle. You do not need to kite him; however, it'll help a bit.

1. Start the fight with Rochiear with embers. Remember to have on your Mana Shield. Remember to equip Charm of Eternal Flame.

2. Use Arcane Focus and call forth a Fire Wall immediately on Rochiear.

3. Keep using fire bolt and ignite while dodging the stalactites. If needed, use Embers again to have him on fire.

4. After the Firewall dissipates, summon another one. Keep using Firebolt.

5. Once your mana gets to like, 40%, switch to Charm of Quick Harvest and use Harvest Mana. Have your mana shield on. After that, switch to Charm of Eternal Flame and be on your merry way of cooking him with Embers and Firebolt.

6. Turn off your Mana shield and keep fighting him. Once your health gets to 50% ish, use the Marsela fruit. After the Marsela's healing comes off, turn your mana shield back on. Once your mana gets to around like, 15%, turn your Mana Shield off.

6. At around 68k, he'll do a Wild Charge. Just get behind him. Keep roasting him with Embers, Ignite, and Firebolt.

5. Around 48k, he'll do a Wild Charge. Just get behind him. Sizzle him some more...

5. Before he gets to 30k, set up a stalactite behind him and keep melting his shell.

6. When he gets to 30k, he'll do two Wild Charges really soon. You should have a stalactite behind him. While he charges for his Wild Charge, get on the stalactite and stay on there  until he does his second one.

7. Now each stomp he does afterward will summon a Rock spirit from above (not from heaven). Kill those. If you don't, it will damage the stalactite until it's no more. Then it'll either just sit around like a Bluebell it should or come after you. Or it'll just attack you right off the bat.

8. Pretty much set up a stalactite strategy again. He might do another two Wild Charges. There should be a Marsela fruit around this time, so get it immediately. Marsela fruit doesn't spawn in the same place, so you're gonna have to go around the field a bit.

9. Your Arcane Focus should be ready to use. Use Fire wall on him.

10. Your Harvest Mana should be ready now. Switch to Charm of Quick Harvest and there you go! Then switch to Charm of Eternal Flame.

11. End the battle quickly. Feel free to use another Firewall if you got good enough DPS.

^_^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:16:29 pm by Tobias »

Dosh

• Baby Bluebell
  • (t -_- t)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:33:17 am »
Needs a little fixes here and there.

hihihi

• Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:25:20 pm »
Greetings traveler :p
Cool turtle hunting skills you have there
and why are you using Dosh!

Okxie

• Baby Bluebell
  • believe you won't regret the choices you have made
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:28:36 pm »
I never knew there was a whole species of Rochiears! *-*

Daahs

• Bluebell
  • Dosh is my alt
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:48:23 am »
Greetings traveler :p
Cool turtle hunting skills you have there
and why are you using Dosh!

I use Dosh because I can't create new forums as Daahs, but reply as Daahs.

More notes on Rochiear:

Also forgot to mention, you don't bound to Rochiear when done solo; Rochiear will spawn in about 30-45 minutes (I don't really know). Don't know for sure about with a group. And, if you go on a stalactite and Rochiear follows you onto it, the stalactite will crumble. Also, you can get to the Salt at the top of the cave by stacking stalactites on top of another.

The Big Idea around Rochiear -------------> Basically, you try to use your Harvest Mana as soon as possible, so you can use it another time in battle. Then, you try to use the Marsela fruit as soon as possible, so it'll spawn sooner.

Also, you'd would want to always make the stalactite strategy. I was fighting Rochiear one time and I was using more firewalls than usually, since I had some extra Mana; at 45k, Rochiear did two Wild Charges at me, so.... just always set up the strategy. I somewhat implied in my previous sentence that if you have extra mana (like, you're not in danger of low mana or health, which you can save yourself from Marsela fruit or Harvest Mana, that's extra mana), you can use another Firewall.

To be more clear about the Marsela fruit, you'd want to use the Marsela fruit at a time where you won't heal to max health (like how you don't wanna use Heal as a priest on a warrior that took one damage).

Ex.
So, if a Marsela fruit happens to heal 30% of your health, you'd want to use the Marsela Fruit at 70%.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 08:18:04 pm »
Nice guide. ^-^ And yup, it seems you got all his abilities right!

The spawn time of the Marsela fruit changes for each class. As a priest, it'll respawn much slower, whereas for a warrior it'd spawn fastest. For mages it's kind of in the middle. XD

When he respawns depends on when the instance soft-resets. 30-45 minutes is very spot on (30 - 40 minutes after you left the map).