Forum - Rearrangement with Furniture Suggestion

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Rearrangement with Furniture Suggestion  (Read 2431 times)

Daahs

• Bluebell
  • Dosh is my alt
« on: October 22, 2015, 04:21:02 am »
This is a suggestion about rearranging furniture. Since Paw'd is a 2D side scrolling game, it is hard to depict 3D principles unless done accordingly to a plan such as a background and something that overlaps that background (like a monster).

It's pretty much about my experience with furniture. With the new rearrangement feature that Toby had introduced to furniture, you are now able to select things that are able to appear infront of one thing.

In the image below, a Web-Covered Candelabra appears to be behind a Work Table.

However, this rearrangement feature seems to only work if there is a possible rearrangement; to me, this is calculated if it is sharing the same ground level AND the same space. Also, there are only two possible rearrangements.

I have a problem. In the image below, I have put a Heavy Stone Chair behind a Work Table. I have put a Web-Covered Candelabra on top of this Heavy Stone Chair. Without any changes to rearrangements, it look like this.

[img][/img]
The Web-Covered Candelabra is appeared to be infront of the Work Table; however, the Heavy Stone Chair is behind the Work Table, with a Web-Covered Candelabra on the Heavy Stone chair.

Afterwards, I selected the Web-Covered Candelabra and chose the Rearrangement Option. It said "there wasn't anything for it to be rearranged against" (something like that). Probably because the Web-Covered Candelabra is at a higher ground level (or something).

Suggestion: I say that everything should be given almost like a number. Higher numbers will be given a higher priority to be shown to the front of the screen; this can be done with lower numbers instead.

Ex.

-1            0           1         2          3          4         5
    <---Back-------------------------------------Front---->

Google have come an idea similar to this; they only used 4 priority settings. If you have experience with using Google Slides, then you might have a problem where an image tends to overlap some text. You want the text to overlap the image.

Two ways to deal with this:
1. Right click the image and select for the image to be put on back.
2. Right click the text box and select for the text box to be put on front.

[img][/img]

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:24:57 am by Daahs »

Daahs

• Bluebell
  • Dosh is my alt
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:31:50 am »
I made some errors in the Images name. But, whoever checks the images, please fit them to the description of the few sentences that describes images.