Forum - [Implemented] Emberberry Fruitbat Respawn Time

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Emberberry Fruitbat Respawn Time  (Read 3420 times)

Akaru

• Lint
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:13:39 am »
Just my two cents, but I think these things either need to spawn slower, or there needs to be less of them on screen at the same time. D: It's like when I'm killing them halfway through, and suddenly two or three of them pop out of nowhere and gang up on me XD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:02:12 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09:41:50 am »

I'll see what I can do about making them spawn more slowly. ;P In the meantime, it couuuuuld be seen as an encouragement to group up! After all, there'd be no point of making something MMO when you could just solo everything anyway!
(You can also lure fruit bats into the cave, where you'll be safe from respawns.)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »
(You can also lure fruit bats into the cave, where you'll be safe from respawns.)

Yeahright Toby. XD those smelly things have a knack for getting into the caves. Either I was too close to the entrance, or they like to go cave exploring for us trouble makers. XP

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:22 pm »

They shouldn't actually go inside, unless they see you fighting one of their friends. If they get dangerously close, just go further into the cave - you should be rather safe in there. ^-^

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 05:06:20 pm »
Yeah. XD sadly I found out the hard way. LOL that, and the emberberry throw tends to be annoying when it stuns you. They use it when they see you trying to walk away as if saying :oh no you don't! You started this fight now see it through! Yeah, then the other bub comes and goes can I join? XD I play too many games. XP but other than that, caves are safe.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 06:57:52 pm »
Yeah, they can be quite pesky in groups. ;P Emberberries are hard enough to just stun you - so why would they let go of a perfectly good strategy to stop someone from escaping? >3

Those bats are smarter than that!

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:06:42 pm »
Their only as smart as you let them be! >;D

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:00:11 pm »
A lot of times things evolve beyond what I planned.
For example, the pack right before Noxxara has a Hollow Tree Webmender in it, which has the "Web Shot" ability that webs players in place. Since they're also classified as casters, they'll run out of your melee range if you get stunned or immobilized. Due to its position, it'll run back far enough so that Noxxara notices it and join in. While each one of these was on purpose, the combination (you run in, the webmender webs you, runs back and fetches Noxxara) was completely unintended, and had me quite puzzled the first time it happened to me.

Another time, Web Shot was classified as a beneficial spell, due to a bug. When you entered the third floor, the Hollow Tree Webmender would web you, causing the Poisonbite and Nestguard spiders in its group to attack it instead (because they thought it just used a beneficial spell on a player). The Webmender would defend itself, web one of the two spiders that attack, run away - where other spiders would notice that it's in combat, and assist the Webmender against the presumably crazed Poisonbite and Nestguard spiders. At the end, about a dozen of spiders would be fighting each other. Players could just watch, and pick off whatever spiders survived. None of that was planned, and it all only happened because I incorrectly classified a spell as beneficial.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 12:01:56 pm »
Hi,

I have implemented dynamic spawn timers, so fruit bats will spawn more slowly if you're fighting them alone.
Thanks!