Forum - Changing pet names

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Changing pet names  (Read 2568 times)

Lotus

• Bluebell
  • Dragons are fat lizards
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:47:46 pm »
I had gotten the idea from a friend where you must ask an NPC to change a pet's name, but use a fair amount of gold to make this change. For example, you get a new pet but, make a mistake in naming it. You'd go to the certain NPC, pay, and the name is changed by typing into a small box what you would like to name it. It's a small thing to add, and even though the name you give your pet is permanent, it'd help to fix mistakes in typing or something you suddenly realize about the name.

Dosh

• Baby Bluebell
  • (t -_- t)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:22:56 am »
Okay. I found two opposing sides to this after some thought. This is just my speculation.
---------------------------
Opposing Argument

You were warned already that the name is permanent. You shouldn't have any typos if you checked what you typed in, before confirming it of course. Only reason why you got a typo is you weren't careful and didn't care much for the warning.

Also, what is there to realize about a name, besides that it is inappropriate? You'd would want the name changer to probably switch names of your pets. For example, you may want to switch the name of your pet because it suits better for another pet.

In your case, it is the name of deities or gods you would want to switch. Or, you would want to have ALL of your pets to be bestow with a name of a god or a deity (as I see you have few pets with regular names, such as Sara).

Toby has others things he can be doing too. There have been lots of demands for an NPC to change eye color for yourself for a few years; he has been busy with this thing and bigger things, such as dungeons. Another reason why Toby haven't met this demand for eye color change is because it isn't so trivial that can be done in a short amount of time; therefore, it can be said to the same thing with the pet name change (with lower demand). These two ideas aren't a small thing to add.
----------------------------------------------------
Agreed

There are times when you accidentally typed something in incorrectly and just confirmed the pet's name quickly without checking for any typos (instead of typing in "Lotus," you might instead typed in "Loitus") or thinking much about the name (like giving it the name "Dan" without much thought); therefore, there should be a second chance or another way to rename to our pets.

Also, I might wanna change the name of my pets after seeing other people of how they named their own pets, or in other words, just copy their style a bit (like naming your pet a Pokemon).

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »
Well one thing to keep in mind is that eye colours just affect a few pixels. I have been changing eye colour for those who asked it, and of course it's something that may happen in future.

It's always good to have something ready that can be implemented when time comes. They might end up being gold sinks, or perhaps rewards for other things. You'll see?

As for pet names, you can open a support ticket if you want your pet to be renamed. Unless you're like asking for 50+ pets to be renamed (which happened!), or ask to rename a pet repeatedly, it wouldn't be an issue. ;P

Making it available automatically will be done eventually - it just doesn't happen enough to warrant it yet (read: the few cases Brambs or I can quickly take care of). ;P