Forum - fur patterns

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: fur patterns  (Read 3172 times)

Achala

• Bluebell
« on: March 01, 2016, 04:24:01 am »
can I mix my hair (got it since forever...rly) with other patterns such as siamese and neon?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »
If you want a specific pattern combination, you can ask for it, and it'll be added in - you just have to give us a few days.

You can also draw your own fur pattern (you need a drawing program for that, such as Photoshop, Sai, openCanvas, or GIMP). Then your pattern can look whatever you want it to. Instructions for that are on the wiki: https://www.pawdgame.com/wiki/Fur_Pattern

FrostClaw

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:02:02 pm »
How would we get these said programs? Cause I thought of getting on for ages but never gotten around to it.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:04:47 pm »
How would we get these said programs? Cause I thought of getting on for ages but never gotten around to it.

GIMP is free (but might be more difficult to use than others). Paint.net is another that is free as well. Both of them you can simply download, but my impression is that they're not as easy to use as their non-free counterparts. Your school might also have programs you can use, so ask them.

openCanvas and Sai aren't free, but they are very good, and you might already have them, if you draw regularly, that's why I mentioned them (if you have any artistically inclined friends with a tablet, they can draw for you, too).

If you're drawing with a tablet, it might come with a drawing program too - you can pretty much use any program you want, as long as it can save transparent backgrounds (like, not make stuff that isn't drawn on white, but leave it transparent).

For combining patterns, you can just file a support ticket, and we'll add it whenever we get around to it. Making your own pattern is more for when you draw, and you want your character to look a very specific way. ;)

FrostClaw

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 01:39:49 am »
Thanks for this gracious reply! Like always Tobaias you are a very helpful source of information! :P

Feliciti

• Lint
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:00:28 am »
Hi there! I'm new to the forums (and the game in general) so I hope i'm replying to the right thing.  I have a few questions about 'Making your own fur pattern' sprite.

One, are we allowed to color the body too? I downloaded both sprite sheets and only saw limbs and heads.

Two, i'm very confused about how we're suppose to color over it as well. It says not to delete the blue hue or else it'll mess the color combinations up, etc. The layer I have it currently on is "Normal" and if I put it on "Multiply" it'll make the color a dark green and it looks funky. I'm just confused on what it all means in general, i'm pretty dense.  Picture of what I started: http://sta.sh/01bm5qigwegx

Three, http://sta.sh/21x7g4uce05d?edit=1 If I were to color this, would this character be accepted? If I were to color all the frames, of course.

Feliciti

• Lint
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:02:09 am »
Oh, I also forgot to ask a few more questions. If you buy a certain pattern already in the shop, are you able to change the colors of that pattern but not your fur? Can you have a certain pattern and a hair style from the shop? Thank you so much for your time!

Feliciti

• Lint
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 10:43:09 am »
Ah very sorry for the triple post ^^'. I feel like such a spammer, hehe. I just realized the body is there I dunno why but I thought it was more tail frames LOL. I also had another question, I was wondering if someone could uh label the front legs and the back legs for me. I can't really tell a difference.