Forum - How to Handle Guild Bank 'Theft'

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: How to Handle Guild Bank 'Theft'  (Read 2103 times)

Fiona

• Baby Bluebell
« on: April 09, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »
I've been noticing more and more people complaining about guild members draining the bank and it is something we are experiencing in NFP as well. Punishment rank doesn't even seem to make a difference, as the members just leave the guild. I think the current "stack" system has a high potential for abuse. Even with just 1 stack, a guild member can totally drain a bank slot.

What I suggest is a quantity limit. Rather than saying a certain rank is allowed 10 stacks on a page, they are allowed 10 items total. I think this might be a more effective way to safeguard against excessive withdrawals. Any thoughts from other players?

Bramble

• Global Moderator
  • Lint
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 07:15:42 pm »
Yeah, I agree, I think this is a great idea to prevent guild bank drainage.
While setting appropriate limits for ranks is a good start, it still has the ability to be abused. For example, even if I set someone to have one stack every week or something and there is a stack with 500 potions, they have the option to take all 500 potions and I really can't prevent that (besides allowing them not to take any stacks, which I wouldn't want to do anyway), and I think this is where a majority of the problem comes from. I think having an item withdraw limit instead of a stack limit is *much* more appropriate and it will continue to help with this problem.

Arthur

• Lint
  • Boo
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:31:22 pm »
I think that it's a good idea. It could be implemented like the withdraw limit for the gold, it could be a good idea to set a withdraw limit for items. If a player has a limit of 3 stacks, they should only be allowed to withdraw a certain number of items per stack.

For example, if there are candies and a player wants some, they are only allowed to take 10 (guild leaders should be able to change the amount). If they only pick 7 candies, they are left with 2 stacks. And if they want more candies from the same slot, they can withdraw a max of 3 and it uses up another stack, leaving them with one remaining that can no longer be used for candies.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 04:34:21 pm »
I have no issues with adding that - I wouldn't want two different ways of doing this, and the general consensus seems that it's better to count individual items, instead of stacks, so I'll go and add that in. :3

The way it'd work is that it simply counts the individual items - so if you set it to 3 stacks up to now, it'll actually mean they can take 3 individual items (whether from different stacks or a single stack wouldn't matter). That's also how every guild would be transitioned to the new setting (since you'd not get any additional privileges that way, meaning no surprises).

Edit: Should be added in now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:35:41 pm by Tobias »