Forum - [Closed] Where's our jazz?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Where's our jazz?  (Read 2659 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:09:32 pm »
At about 2:06 PM on my end i entered the game and there wasn't any music. Or sounds to be exact. I don't know why, but when i checked by headset on thepc they work fine. I'm not sure if this a bug and the soundsnmusic decided to take a vacation or if it's a connection problem on my end, but the game is silent as space.

P.S: at 2:10 pm, i clicked the button which says "sound" a few times, and it came back.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:08:06 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 05:12:06 pm »
It should be there. ;P If you have sound turned off for whatever reason, sounds will not be downloaded to speed up loading times. If you then enable them after the map loaded, they won't be available and thus not be played. Switching the map will download the sounds and fix the problem. :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:00:34 pm »
oh, ok. thanks. but isn't there a way to get the sound to download aswell even if the sound if off? i find it annoying at times...

jackie

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:46 pm »
If you turn the volume in the settings all the way down, but don't uncheck the box, you'll still download the sound files without hearing anything. ^^
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:29:55 pm by jackie »

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:29:31 am »
at 9:10-9:16 pm i again could not hear any music. AT ALL. even after re-logging in, checking the box, and changing maps. not my headphones or sound system since they blared the PC intro into my ears. heck, the box was checked. I now I'm probably getting annoying by now, but this bug of which for some reason no music or sound at all play wasn't here before and is starting to get on my nerves.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:56:49 pm »
Hiya,

I honestly cannot reproduce this problem: I've had music and sounds on for over a year now, and it never randomly stopped working. This leads me to believe that it's either a problem with your computer, or a problem with your connection (perhaps an overzealous proxy server that didn't download a song file correctly, but caches it now? try disabling your cache) of some sorts.

I also haven't touched the sound code in four months:
[img]http://my.icyworlds.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=94.0;attach=79;image[/img]
If this really is a bug, it's been there for at least four months - and since you say it happens very frequently for you, I can't see how it never happened to me before.

Once thing you can do is download the Flash Debug Player, which will show you any unhandled error messages that could cause this glitch on my part. This also gives me much more detailed error messages. You can find it at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html - pick "Download the Windows Flash Player 10.3 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE)" if you have Internet Explorer, or the option below if you have a different browser.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 12:07:56 pm »
Closing for inactivity.