Forum - [Implemented] Potions from NPC Shops

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Potions from NPC Shops  (Read 2707 times)

Daymare

• Noxxara
  • Day
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »
 I think that Andy or Kay should sell Major Healing Potions and Major Mana Potions. I noticed that the mayor sells them for one Token of Heroism, but I find it harder to get those.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:10:56 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:33:17 pm »
Hi,

The reason I'm not making high tier potions available easily is that I want players to brew them themselves. There's alchemy and herbs, so with a little bit of time spent farming while you have nothing else to do, you can make a nice stock of potions.

I saw a stack of 150 red herbs in the Auction House earlier, so with those and a few pollen, I'll be able to make heaps of healing potions now.

That said, I did notice that none of the NPCs sell mana potions, which is unfair towards mana-based classes. I'll have that fixed. :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:37:22 pm »
That said, I did notice that none of the NPCs sell mana potions, which is unfair towards mana-based classes. I'll have that fixed. :3
HAHA, nice one. maybe that if an NPC sells a lesser healing that they also sell lesser mana, and ect. of course, you were already thinking of that weren't you?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:48:30 pm »

Yeah - that's basically what I'll do. I'll go through all NPCs, see what they sell, and if they sell a healing potion, I'll add the corresponding mana potion to it. ;P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »
Hi,

I've changed the shops that every NPC that sold healing potions also sells the corresponding mana potion. Thank you for your suggestion!
While I changed the shops, I actually noticed that you can actually get a lot of potions from the Token of Honour obtained through TvT:

Healing Potion    - Token of Honour x15
Mana Potion - Token of Honour x15
Major Healing Potion - Token of Honour x45
Major Mana Potion - Token of Honour x45

Token of Honour are really easy to come by (you can get up to 65 every day just for 15 minutes of TvT, and additional tokens from the chests that spawn during GvG) - so that would be a good alternative to Token of Heroism. I didn't buy a lot of treasure scrolls, and just participated for fun - and even though healers get fewer tokens due to rarely landing killing blows (usually I get around 35-40), I have well over 1000 tokens by now - so any offensive class should have no problem taking a lot of points.