Forum - [Contest] Quest Design around Saliko Village and Forest

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Contest] Quest Design around Saliko Village and Forest  (Read 11077 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 03:27:59 am »
I was wondering... the plains and cave in the coralspike lizard areas. Are they included? Just wanted to make sure so I didn't add them into my quest if It's not allowed.

Both areas are perfectly fine. ^-^

And Mela, Kitson, both entires are accepted. Good luck!

Mela

• Baby Bluebell
  • No
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 06:39:41 am »
Toby, Mela and I are in a mad rush to finish the quest cuz i just found this today(1/8/12) but we're half way done xD
But if (although probly it wont get put in since the rush xD) gets put in can we split the prize or does it have to be a 1 person thing?
Srry we do everything together xD

If it HAS to be a one person thing, give it to Berry. I'm just the editor ^_^

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 11:53:54 am »
If it HAS to be a one person thing, give it to Berry. I'm just the editor ^_^

You can split them up as you wish. ;P

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 10:02:21 pm »
was mine exepted? D: you didnt say anything

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:55 am »
You said the first place prize was epuivelant to an Amazon gift card. Does that mean that we can choose between getting an Amazon Gift card or the points? If so, how much is it? Or were you just stating that it's equal?

Berry

• Noxxara
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 02:12:28 am »
Is there anyway to edit post? I forgot some words and its that suppose to b word by word thing that's buggin me xD there probably is and I probably have my mouse rite above it xD
I got a lil excited over the quest contest >< And Mela is going to kill me if I don't fix all the errors in that post lol =^-^=

BTW that was me. Ignore any other messages I leave because I am clinically insane.
|
|
V
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:42:44 am by Berry »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 02:47:00 am »
was mine exepted? D: you didnt say anything

You're not meeting all the requirements. Your quest should state, clearly (and not intertwined with the quest text, so I have to quest):

- The NPC that should offer the quest.
- Exactly, word-for-word, what the NPC should say when you click it, and they offer the quest.
- A one-sentence summary what the player needs to do (what's shown under "Objective").
- Exactly, word-for-word what the NPC should say when you did everything they asked for.
- Suggestions what the reward should be.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 02:58:16 am »
You said the first place prize was epuivelant to an Amazon gift card. Does that mean that we can choose between getting an Amazon Gift card or the points? If so, how much is it? Or were you just stating that it's equal?

Yup, you have can choose between the Amazon gift card, and the points. Whichever you choose, they'll be equal in that 100 DA points are $1.

Is there anyway to edit post? I forgot some words and its that suppose to b word by word thing that's buggin me xD there probably is and I probably have my mouse rite above it xD

You can post a new reply. ;P I will count the last reply you send before the deadline tomorrow.

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »
oh i forgot the objetive and it is -Objective- get 5 snow plains fliffy fur and frost spike hatchling spikes (dun rly remember the name of the items XD) and if it still isnt right idk what to say never made a game or anything like this before XD

Mela

• Baby Bluebell
  • No
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 12:03:26 am »
part 1
*On the way to the caves, you see Jiana again hugging her pet fliffy, Sophie.*
*She waves you down and you greet her*
Hello, <INSERT PLAYER NAME>!
Do you remember Sophie? She was the fliffy you saved from the East Caves! (Sophie looks up at you, smiles, and twitches her nose.) Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about something else.  Sandra, from the garden in Saliko Village, is a old family friend and her birthday is coming up. Last year, for my birthday, she got me these gold earrings, so i wanted to get her something pretty like that. Sadly, I spent all my money on a hairpin to match the earrings. ><  So, I was wondering if you would mind collecting some items from the monsters found in the forest, so i can make her favorite meal? 
*She hands you a list of items* 
Thank you so much! HURRY BACK!

Objective-
Jianna needs to collect the following:
0/24 lavender
0/20 mushrooms (could be dropped by caterpillars)
0/6 firebloom flowers
0/1 plate (Jannete could sell these like the pen for the analyse quest)
0/3 fliffy skins (would be used for wrapping the present)
Reward-
2g
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If you haven’t finished the quest yet and you click on her)
You’re finished already? That was impossibly quick!
*she looks at the items you show her and frowns*
Oh, you haven’t gotten them all yet? Well....that’s oki! Just please hurry! =^-^=
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*You hand Jianna the ingredients*
Oh! You got every single item that I needed! And so quickly! Thank you so much!
*She hands you 2 gold coins*
*You watch as she mixes, slices, and dices the items then carefully wraps the full plate in the fliffy skins.*
Would you mind taking this to Sandra for me?
*She pulls a pink bow from her pocket and puts it on the package then hands it to you.*
Thank you, <INSERT PLAYER NAME>!

Objective-
Jianna would like you to take the meal to Sandra in the Saliko Garden.
Reward-
40 silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Sandra looks up from her work when she hears you approching* 
Hello there! What can i do for you?
*You explain how Jianna sent you to deliver the meal*
Oh, thank you! It’s my favorite! How kind of her!
*She hands you a handful of silver as thanks for bringing her the present.*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
part 2 ***This is an extra part that you could put in if you like the first part and want us to continue it :3*** (A mushroom hat will be offered here. I already have the drawing of the hat if you want to use it. If not, the rewards can be replaced with gold and/or potions.)
While your here, <INSERT PLAYER NAME>, I was wondering if you could run to the forest witch for me? You see, since the last time you’ve been here, the branches in our trees seem to be getting extremely weak and breaking every time the wind blows by. This is an extreme danger if anyone were to be walking directly below when it happens. To avoid anyone getting hurt, would you mind running out to Rose’s place? I heard Alexandra talking with Luka about a new potion Rose had come up with and Alexandra’s plans to get the recipe. The potion is supposed to make plants stronger and firm. I would go to her house myself, but I’m too busy making sure people don’t enter the garden with the branches in their condition. 
Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to pay you properly!
Objective-
Sandra needs you to go to Rose, the Forest Witch’s house and ask for her new potion.
Reward- 3 gold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(If you are not done with the quest and you click on Sandra, she’ll say.....)
Oh! Have you gotten the potion already! Thank you!
-she notices you don’t have it-
Oh...could you hurry up with that? Someone might really get hurt if you don’t get that potion soon...
-she looks around with a worried face-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Rose watches you carefully as you approach her*
What are you doing here? Do you need something?
*You explain to Rose about the branches in the garden and how you would like her to make one of the new potions you had heard about*
Ah...I see...
Oki, I will make you one, but YOU have to get the ingredients. I don’t have extra time to waste on something as minor as this, so get going!
*She hands you the list*

Objective-  Rose the Forest Witch needs you to gather the following for Sandra’s potion:
0/5 bushy forest herbs
0/20 sticky mucus
0/15 twisted bug feelers (Could be dropped by caterpillars and forest bugs**Looks like braided bug feelers and is made from 3 bug feelers twisted together to create a strong rope-like material)
0/10 lavender
0/5 mushrooms
0/2 greater spirtual herbs
Reward- 
Mushroom Hat
(Toby, you pick stats xD Mela and I aren't good at them)
-------------------
(If you click on Rose and you haven’t finished the quest yet)
-Rose looks at you, annoyed-
What are you doing here?! You don’t have all the ingredients yet! Stop wasting my time!
(you better hurry up before she bashes your brains in....or worse. MAKES YOU EXPLODE)
-------------------
*Rose grabs the items from your hands and starts mixing and boiling them* 
Hrmmm.....there. I suppose that’s good enough.
*She hands you the potion and a hat that’s smells somewhat like mushrooms*
The hat is just because there were extra ingredients and I didn’t want them going to waste. Plus, I’ve grown a bit tolerant of you. Just don’t expect me to be nice to you on a regular basis or anything. Now go away. There are some trees that need that potion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*You hand the potion to Sandra and her face lights up with a delighted smile.*
Oh my! You got the potion! Thank you so much! I was so worried someone would walk in and (get their brains smashes in) be severely hurt if a branch were to fall on them.  The garden is safe again! Thank you once again! 
*Sandra hands you a few gold coins*

(ANYTHINGS IN PARENTHESIS ARE TO BE REMOVED!!!! IT’S EITHER INFORMATION FOR YOU OR MELA ACTING STUPID!!!) We got carried away incase you can't tell xD 
 I'll draw anything for the quest if you need me too and i have the mushroom hat all drawn out. 

Berry

• Noxxara
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:14 am »
GRAHHH MAN!!!! I JUST SENT THE FIXED VERSON TO HIM!!!! -I'm a failure- XD
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:22:19 am by Berry »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 09:58:07 am »
The deadline has passed, and I will look at all the contest entries I received.

You should expect an update here by the weekend.
Thanks to everyone who participated!