Forum - [Implemented] Mana-Relief Potion

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Mana-Relief Potion  (Read 3454 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:40:23 am »
Mmkay, as I said in main, I have an idea! c: The idea is something maybe a new item for priests. (omg so many priest items.) It could be called something like, "Rejuvenating Essence." It could be used to make mana potions maybe stronger than major mana potions in a recipe?. I could write the recipe and maybe a quest to go along with it. If you think it helps, this could be the step-up from the major mana potion, and maybe instead of Mana Relief it could be Master Mana Potion?

Mana-Relief Potion Recipe
-3 Northern Herbs
-1 Major Mana Potion
-1 Rejuvinating Essence

Restores 590-420 mana over 15 seconds.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:37:33 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:35:59 pm »
Yeah, adding a new mana potion is definitely something that'll happen soon.

There's a few things I'm not quite sure about:
- The name sounds a bit strange, "Mana Relief" sounds like those "Cough Relief" drops that you buy at Walmart. I'd probably name it "Greater Mana Potion", as a step up from the Major ones we currently have.

- I also want to avoid using existing potions into alchemy recipes, otherwise you'll end up with chains of potions that you'll have to make. Like, to make a potion, you first need to make some other potion, but in order to do that, you need to make yet another potion. I can imagine it's a bit tiring not only gathering all the ingredients for so many different potions, but also involves a lot of clicking to first make potion A, then potion B, and finally potion C. ;P

With that in mind, a rejuvenating essence that you get .. from monsters, or rather plants (it's easier to add the drop to a few plants than adding it to the drop table of every monster in argan jungle), would make a great ingredient for the new potions. :3

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:36 am »
I get what you mean. I was having a panic attack with the names so I just scribbled in Mana Relief. It's not my best procrastination work. Although, Major seems to be of higher value than Greater. Maybe something like, "Master Mana," "Supreme Mana," or perhaps even plain old, "Super Mana."

I'm thinking maybe there could be a Rejuvenated Flower in the argan jungle that sometimes drops it?

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:29:12 am »
I also drew what I'd picture the Rejuvenating Flower may appear as, as well as a quick summary of what it is.

( Image Link - http://sailortomboy12.deviantart.com/art/Rejuvenating-Flower-283145749 )

A light-weight aquamarine flower that drips with a silk, honey-like liquid that seems to do almost nothing but taste delicious. Can be spread over a sandwich for extra flavor or mixed in potions for a burst of power.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 04:19:50 pm »

Looks like a waterlily! It's well done - maybe a bit on the pastel side (which looks great in your gallery, but would come out rather bright in the dark argan jungle), but that'd definitely work. ^^ I like the description too, though sandwich sounds like fast-food to me, so I'd probably just mention bread. ;P

I get what you mean. I was having a panic attack with the names so I just scribbled in Mana Relief. It's not my best procrastination work. Although, Major seems to be of higher value than Greater. Maybe something like, "Master Mana," "Supreme Mana," or perhaps even plain old, "Super Mana."

In that case, I'd probably rename the old mana potion to "Greater Mana Potion", and the new one would be the "Major Mana Potion". ;P I try to advance slowly, so that I don't run out of naming options later. That's also why you started with dealing like 4-5 damage - in the very very first version, players could do 100s of damage right away (and regular monsters had 2000 HP), but it just didn't feel right.

Maybe it could go like this:
- Mana
- Greater Mana
- Major Mana
- Super Mana
- and we'll think about the next superlative when we get there? ;P

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 08:07:18 pm »
Thanks. ^^ I was up for a while trying to fix the transparency. Lol c:

Yeah, I was thinking about that but it sounded like it'd be a hassle since some quests offer major mana potions as rewards. xD But yeah, I get what you mean.

Actually you forgot the lesser mana potions. |D -shot-

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:23 pm »
Just as an update, this has been added in: Rejuvenating Flowers are gathered in Twigmoss Cave, and they are used in an elixir to boost your intellect stat.

I didn't make a mana potion at this time, because the current Greater Mana Potion still scales will with how much mana most players have. I'd need to make them somewhat stronger, so they are an upgrade over the current potions, and then they'd recover too much mana. If I make them weaker (420-590 is less than what Greater Mana Potions heal for), no one would really use them: Those times where you need them (boss fights, PvP), you want as much mana back as possible, so downgrades wouldn't be that attractive. ;P