Forum - Warrior power

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Poll

Do you think warriors have too much power?

Yes
2 (6.9%)
No
15 (51.7%)
Only some
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Warrior power  (Read 9259 times)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 09:04:53 pm »
i like this direction more too, before there were to many topics as in waterball and fury and mana and damage, in other words... a whole lot of topics this however asks for your ideas on what could be changed i personally would suggest maybe when the next level cap comes out, something that regenerates mana instantly but would maybe have a 7-10 minute cool down, sort of like a "emergency button". now i wouldn't suggest anything like a move that instantly kills or anything and i think that most of the abilities for mages do OK damage, but maybe there should be a offensive and defensive button that mages can press like the warriors have that would either up magic by a certain amount and lower mana or up mana but lower magic. those would be some suggestions i have in response to the questions asked by toby   

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »
Now i realized i didnt really answer your acctuall questions, as for changing warriors power i think that would off set the nice balance that they have, and people like scarpath,pike, caydence, kitson and other warriors would not like that, the same would go for mages if they were to strong they would not like to be weakend either nor would priests. however i think mages should be slightly more powerfull as i expressed before. but now i have an example to your first question (Quote)  Which mage skills are the problem, and how do they need to be changed? Which ones don't do enough damage, or are otherwise a hassle?
(Unquote). i would say how you siad for mages to learn ff and tb well this is a bit of a hassle becuase ff takes up alot of skill points for that one move that doesnt even damage and as valuable as it is i think it would be more valuable if you had something that mages could learn seperately like the earth type, tb is an inconvienance becuase unless you learn ff you cant do much damage even with the knockback now that can be counteracted by waterball so i am not pressing that as much as ff i was thinking that a move like a fire move that could hold someone in place like a stun.

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 07:51:35 pm »
i will post more in a bit have to go now xd cant finish sry for any typos

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »
Yes having a fire cc move would help enormously becuase some mages like to use fire (like me) and i think that having a cc move there would fit right into my fighting strategy and maybe others, i would then still be able to use embers and ignite and firebolt and still be able to learn a cc move without having to use up all my points going for FF or FN (frost nova) i would think it whould be called something like flare blitz or something like that. do you think this is possible?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:54:10 pm »

Well, maybe not an outright stun (because you already have a stun: Flash Freeze), but maybe a skill to slow others down.
Flash Freeze may indeed be a bit expensive to get. I'll drop the requirement to have five points in ice skills, and move to to just Frost-Nova.

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:04 pm »
I am 100% positive that a slow down would immensely help in tvt and in a whole lot of other places i cant wait if it is added

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 08:20:42 pm »
each class has its own strengths and flaws that give others a chance to beat them. A mage advantage would be distance they can attack from farther away and not have to worry about damage, this however is countered by charge in which warriors close distance rapidly while doing some good damage and knocks them back (which would interrupt a casting spell). As for the shielding mages shields drain there mana, and without that mages are as good as dead. for priests they need the shielding because they can not do as much damage as a warrior could. You also stated how warriors cant just go around thrashing and bite and slashing, well neither can mages nor priests for they also have mana which can not be recovered except for potions and harvest mana, also most players have strategy when they fight so they don't normally spam random buttons anyway. now the last point you made was of FF and NF which are special moves only for mage/priests they have these because in single combat against a warrior they would normally die mage/priests use these to stay alive,on the other hand warriors have bash a well placed bash can irreparably mess up a mages or priests strategy which can easily give the warrior the upper hand to win.

Analyse

• Bluebell
  • Mage Rage C:<
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 06:22:11 pm »
Mages are simply a more strategical class. If you time your skills and know what you're doing, you should be taking the appropriate role in your team. If all the classes were to be completely equal, there'd be no need for PVP ratings and eventually 3v3 teams of players would be totally equal in skill and then we'd get no where. Some of the classes would become useless to one another. Unless you're brawling one on one for fun, you shouldn't be fighting one on one during TvT- if you are, you're doing something wrong. That would be a different error to fix.

I understand, though- there has been many a time where I've been bashed, then I've shielded myself, then I've been smited, then I've skipped away and then been charged and finished. It's not that we're not matches in power- we've just got different fortes. Our focuses might be different. Mages play PvP differently almost. >D We've got a 5+ second smite (that can be cast from afar), the ability to cancel debilitating skills (and maybe transfer the nicer buffs to ourselves), a damage minimizing shield, an instant skip, and invisibility. And we're so delightfully unpredictable.

Though we're dependent on the other classes (mostly Priests ... them heals. 8< ) we're still a force to be feared. >3 If you're having a problem with another class, try to outsmart them first. You can delay a warrior by freezing them, firewalling them back, taking advantage of their no fury at first, and there are so many interesting skill combinations you can use to maximize your damage output as a mage. You just have to investigate a bit? :D

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 06:34:18 pm »
I concede to the superior knowledge of analyse, your points are valid i think that with the right strategy anyone can beat everyone else, these conversations should be a help to some people in PvP (including me).

cleo

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »
Ok, Let's Talk About PvP And TvT! Your DPS is Around [700] When Warrior's DPS is Around [500]. Also, Mage's Have Mana Shield, Which Makes Them Even Harder To Beat. Meanwhile, The Warriors, All We Have Is BD, Which Just Lessen's Damage By 50% For Only 18 Seconds. If Anyone Was To Complain About Power, I Think That I Would Complain About Mage Power! XD

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:21 pm »
i was under the impression that this topic was finished with, so much was already talked about that it is rather pointless to continue to argue, however your argument is flawed for burning determinations lessens damage by 50% would make my dps 350 which is sad :( also for mana sheild it (hence the name) uses mana and without it mages wouldnt scratch zhakan. as i just mentioned in earlier in your new topic "mage power" i think that the skill of the player depends on there strength, pike and caydence are near impossible to beat, however some other lvl 32 warriors are a bit easier mainly becuase they either havent had as much experience in fighting and/or dont have a full comprehension of all the abilities they can use, and with that combo of incompetence on the warrior side and expert fighting on the mage it would be all to easy to over power them same with any battle in any situation.

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13:15 pm »
i cant beat you death!!

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »
well, as you ALL know, i'm not very strong but i do have some experience in combos :( for example: first, i catch toby, then i bash him. Then, i slash him and use Adrennaline Rush and Thrash him. Then, i go around hitting him then bash him again when it cools down, then, i slash him again.

Gee, thanks! XD

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:02 pm »
Yes, you painted a very vivid picture of that. XD

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 02:15:58 am »
i cant beat you death!!
well some warriors i can beat and others are just foolish to even try like pike, scarpath, kitson and caydence you can see a relation in time playing and how hard they are to beat i dont know how long you have been playing but it maybe easier for me to beat you becuase i have more experience in beating people up xd or i just am really lucky all the time :)