Forum - (New?) ideas for arrows

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: (New?) ideas for arrows  (Read 6382 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:14 am »
I know you said that we'll take little steps first, but i got these ideas and i dunno if they're in yet, and if they're not, if they'll be good. Now, i was thinking about the demon grass and poison branches, and how they heal/hurt in the battlefield. Now, we already have poison arrows, yes, but i was thinking that if you use those to make arrows (if they are included) that you can also get at least one Night Sparrow (Dark Element, and yeah i wanted to call it a fancy name XD). Now i was also thinking of using Fadeleaves, since so far they have just 1 purpose, to make Pots of invisibility. But i was thinking that Maybe they too could be used, in Either the Dark Elemental arrows, or perhaps with arrows which deal Ghost damage (Shade Gales) Yeah i wanted to name them even though if they are added in, they'll be known probly as Dark arrows or Ghostly arrows. I'm still thinking of names for the different kinds of arrows (even though that's not really needed) and items to make elemental arrows. XD

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »
Sounds good to me. Arrows of all elements are already planned, though I might pick up on a few names and ideas.

Fadeleaves being related to ghost is a nice  idea, so that's a good candidate.
Cursed items will likely make dark arrows, demon grass is quite suitable for that too. Poisonsprouts didn't make poison arrows yet, so I added that in as well.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:34:44 am »
! I got another idea for Dark element Arrows XD We could also use the demon horns dropped in BFA. Seeing as how the Scav tooth gives 100 arrows, i was thinking that each horn could give 25 or 50 arrows (normal) and 5 or 10 Night Sparrows.

PS: I accidentally closed the tab and freaked out, but then was glad that this system has a temp autosave for these comments ^^;

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
I know this is relatively new and i dont know all the objects that can be turned into arrows is there a list or a page in the manual that would say such things/

Also i was thinking that coins such as: Golden coin, Schwarterland coin, and maybe even nickles could be turned into arrows maybe light arrows or wind

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 10:55:46 pm »
Maybe we can have an all type arrow?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 02:46:38 am »
! I got another idea for Dark element Arrows XD We could also use the demon horns dropped in BFA. Seeing as how the Scav tooth gives 100 arrows, i was thinking that each horn could give 25 or 50 arrows (normal) and 5 or 10 Night Sparrows.

Something like that - once they're added in, we can figure out numbers. ;P

I know this is relatively new and i dont know all the objects that can be turned into arrows is there a list or a page in the manual that would say such things/

There is a list for me, does that count? XD
I'll put one up when I'm done adding in most of the arrow types. :3

Also i was thinking that coins such as: Golden coin, Schwarterland coin, and maybe even nickles could be turned into arrows maybe light arrows or wind

How would they be wind arrows? :3 And the silver coins can be turned into silver arrows, but gold coins?

Maybe we can have an all type arrow?

An arrow that, when you shoot it, is fire water earth wind poison light dark ghost and neutral .. all at the same time. Wat?

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:49 pm »

An arrow that, when you shoot it, is fire water earth wind poison light dark ghost and neutral .. all at the same time. Wat?

I think he means like... oh how to describe it... I'm just going to call it an Arcana Arrow (but really they're not called that and we don't use Arcana energy in Icy) But by what i can figure it out, he probably meant a tricky arrow which would be designed so that upon impact, it would do damage on both regular damage, and the elemental which is most effective against the mob, regardless of which one it is used on first and last. But alas, while this WOULD be like, a good arrow, Well, i myself feel that having this would really not be a good one. For starters, if it were to drop from mobs you kill, or bosses, the drop rate would have to be either very low (and give a lot) or very high, but that the monsters are dungeon monsters and drop a few instead. Another thing is that if these arrows were craft-able, it would probably require multiple steps. Now I'm aware that several items require multiple steps to get (like Kay's special potions and some items) But for these "Arcana" arrows, you would have to collect materials of every kind. I'm gonna exaggerate and say that for 1 you'd need 1 flexible branch, a rotting claw, two silver coins, three fade leaves, 2 Enchanted earth, 3 Enchanted fire and water, a poison root, and one Enchanted wind. Yes i know this recipe does not make sense, but if we were to craft the arrows, we'd need either this, or to get something rare like a power gem.

I know what Hippo wanted with the arrow, and i'll admit, having these like Spiritual arrows which could easily help vanquish any monster would be good. But personally, i feel that such arrows would be to OP if they were added into The game, even if they were severely nerfed down, simply because they'd be designed to turn to the most effective element against the monster upon launch. I feel having arrows specifically to the monster's weakness is much better IMO.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:28:32 am »
I don't want to .. water (see what I did thar?) elements down tho.

Knowing what element to use helps you do damage. A wildcard-arrow takes the decision from you, and does nothing else.

If the arrow is common, I might as well throw elements away, if the arrow is rare, then it isn't worth it for a good player, because picking an arrow with the right element achieves the same effect, just cheaper. So this would essentially be an arrow for the lazy.

Pike suggested it's coloured rainbow.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 02:28:00 am »
Rainbow powers activate! *rainbow appears* XD but yeah, a wildcard arrows really don't fit in. It sounds... like a cheat sheet really.

And yes toby i somewhat see what you did there XD

I'm still looking at items which haven't had arrows put in their possible futures. I got another crazy idea XD Really, i tried avoiding spider drops because so many items area already becoming arrow ingredients, but i thought of the brittle webs and Big ones. I got thinking, "Maybe we could have Sticky arrows which slow down the unfortunate victim!" (Of couse, i have been trying to limit myself to these arrow ideas before i make a reasonable version of arrow for every kinds XD Like Taco arrows. *mauled* )

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 09:09:16 pm »
oh i was thinking, when it comes to Golden coins, they could give Ember arrows and Wind arrows (since they resemble colors XD)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »
thats what i said about the golden coins (for wind)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 12:26:59 am »
I wanted to go ahead and tweak the idea Deatho X3

God i feel like I'm trying to take over how the Hunters are made like I'm spazzing over them XD Like "They should this that nono more like this " Jeez x3

Now, I have been working on more items for arrow making, and i kinda went too far with the Database XD But here's what i got.

By the way, feel free to counter on any you feel should not be added for arrow making for any or no reason. XD
Algae-Covered Stone (Since this is rare, i was thinking around 50 Frozen Arrows and 50 Earth Arrows)
Broken Chain (5 Earth Arrows and 10 Poison arrows)
Broken Pearl (15 Crystal or 15 Earth Arrows)
Coal (15 Night Sparrows)
Crystalline Dust (5 Shade Gales)
i was thinking that perhaps Deathblooms could be used to make 10 Poison arrows and 5 Night Sparrows
Demongrass (10 Poison, 2 NightSparrows)
I was debating on whether there should be Demon Essence as an arrow ingredient. The main reason is because while it is a Rare drop in nature, you can buy it for about .6 Gold at Andy's shop. Which brought me that if it is to be arrow stuff, it could make 20 Nightsparrows and 10 Shade Gales, or half of that.
Enchanted Crystal Splinter (3 Crystal arrows each)
Glimmering Topaz (10-15 Crystal arrows)
Glittering Diamond (30 Crystal arrows. I don't know if this is super rare or not, but if it's not that rare, then 15 Crystal arrows XD)
Glittering Emerald (15 Crystals)
Glittering Gold Dust (5 Fire arrows)
Glittering Gold Sand (5 Fire arrows)
Icesilk poison Gland (15 Poison Arrows)
Large Ruby (25-50 Crystal arrows)
Lump of tar (5 Poison and 5 NightSparrow arrows)
Midnight Pearl (2 NightSparrows, 5 Crystal Arrows)
NightThistle Leaf (5 Poison Arrows)
Poisonous Fang of the Great Spider (10 Poison, 5 Regular arrows)
Red Flower (3 Fire Arrows)
Ruby Shell Fragment (30 Crystal arrows and 10 Regular arrows)
Shimmering Pearl (20 Crystal and 10 Ice)
Strange Twig (25 NightSparrows, 5 Regular Arrows)
Widowthorn Branch (10 Poison arrows, 5 Regular)

And then i reached the end of the list XD I know that there are many more items which i could have suggested, but i did not know if they were already in or not, like certain Stone shards.

I also went ahead on my own with names for the arrows i know we already have names, but i wanted more... variety x3
Ice Arrows= Glaciated Arrows (we could replace Arrow with Bolt);
Fire arrow: Ember Arrow (Simply because we already have Emberberry arrows in BFA XD);
Earth(Stone) Arrows= Vale Bolts or Cobble Streamer;
Wind Arrows= Gust Liners;
Crystal Arrows: Amethyst arrows;
Silver Arrows= Plated Arrows or Sterling Arrows
Poison Arrows= Virulent or Viperous Arrows.

Yeah this is what i ended up making in an hour or so XD I hope this helps(?) In the planning of Hunter stuff. XD

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 12:49:57 am »
MMk i decided that the Iron from the Demon Coals should be craftable into arrows XD

Iron: 15-25 Of those Slashing Arrows

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 01:00:52 am »
Iron-Rich stones can already be crafted into arrows! XD

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »

There is a list for this now: http://my.icyworlds.net/db/crafting