Forum - [Closed] Black screen

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Black screen  (Read 2931 times)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:21 pm »
Lately whenever i try to go into the game i get a black screen, i have to reload the page 5-8 times just for it to change, which takes for ever. HELP!!! plz
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:38:04 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:05:47 pm »
It would help if you stated when exactly you encounter the problem, in this forum your report is to broad to even start looking into the problem.

I am not going to deal with this bug until you read http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html and post a response that follows the guidelines in there.

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »
more info
      -error #2048
      -takes a while to load when i start the game after i click "play now"
      -normally happens when i am not logged in to the website (in order to post)
      -nothing happens for a long amount of time

tell me if you need more info

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:23:11 pm »
Try accessing the game using HTTPS:

https://www.pawdgame.com/play/ (note the 's' after the http).

You still didn't give precise information, from your report I don't know whether
- you try to login
- whether "nothing" happens, or you see indeed a progress bar
- what the last message before the error was (switching, or loading, and with how many "."s at the end).

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:01 pm »
ok here is what happens, i click on play now and the page loads, then all there is a black screen i dont see loading or login screen or anything.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »
Did you try leaving the page idle for a minute or so? I didn't add a preloader in, it might still be loading.

What happens when you right-click the black window?

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »
i can leave it alone for a long time and nothing happens as for clicking nothing comes up sometimes i get a long bar that has zoom at the top and a bunch of stuff that i cant remember at the bottom with a lot of it greyed out         

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 08:14:19 pm »
The greyed stuff that you don't remember is important.

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:40 pm »
the preloading bar helps alot and it shows me how SLOW my internet is...but sometimes the preloader doesnt work and all theese words pop up with a link that i can click to.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:55 pm »
"All these words" can be selected with your mouse and copied and pasted, especially the part that follows after it tells you to "include the following details in your report". Even if you did not know that, you could type at least the 15ish letters that it tells you are important.

Honestly, if you cannot bother to include details (especially when it tells you that those details need to be included) that make my life easier, then I will not bother to look into your bug. On top of all, you have completely ignored my message above, which tells you to report what the "greyed stuff" says. Do you think I just randomly ask you things to pass my time? The greyed stuff tells me if the Flash movie loaded, is still loading, or could not be accessed at all. I know (by heart) what the menus look like in these three different situations. And yes, this menu has greyed stuff in it, but what stuff is greyed makes a difference.

You can open another report once you have sufficient details, this report however is closed: unable to reproduce with the given information.