The Space Station (formally known as the "SS-AR1", or "SS" for short) is a sub-dungeon located inside the Moonlight Monastery. Alongside Akia, you will investigate the mysterious area left behind by the Ancients, now occupied by Dark Abyss forces. In addition, you will put a stop to the Dark Abyss's plans of militarizing the station as a weapon of mass destruction which threatens the very existence of Elyssia.
After defeating Nyranthix, you gain access to the right side of The Summit, which contains a teleporter, and a quest line beginning from the quest The Sigils of Life. To complete this quest, you require the following sigils: Sigil of Fire (Gorath), Sigil of Earth (Terechia), and Sigil of the Moon (Nyranthix). Then you will have to go to Akia for the second part of this quest, and return back to the teleporter, finally allowing access to the Space Station.
The recommended level for the Space Station is 32 to 34, and adventurers above level 34 will be scaled down to that level for the dungeon. The level scaling follows the option you selected for the Moonlight Monastery, so no changes are required. It is also recommended that you have at least 3 or more players before starting the dungeon. A typical group set-up will consist of one healer, one tank and one or more damage dealers.
The increase in difficulty may be uncomfortable for first-time players. It is recommended that a player who approaches the Space Station for the first time to have their level unscaled, to better understand the gimmicks of the boss fights. The forced level scaling on first-time players is not present here, allowing the group to freely unscale.
Sanitizer Bot (Optional)
|Resistances||Immune to stun, freeze, silence, sleep and charm.|
The Sanitizer Bot is an optional boss that can be found in the Space Station's Cargo Bay, leading south-west from the junction in the first area. Inside the cargo bay, the Sanitizer Bot awaits at the right side of the map. The Sanitizer Bot's defending element is Fire 1, making it vulnerable to Water (+25% more damage), Wind (+12.5% more damage) and Dark (+12.5% more damage) attacks. Being one of the more recently added bosses, it is more challenging than the final boss of the Space Station, as well as the rest of the Moonlight Monastery combined.
The main abilities that the Sanitizer Bot uses are:
- System Reboot: Used when Sanitizer Bot defeats all players, and ends combat. Restores 25% of it's maximum health in 1 second.
- Repair: A really slow version of Heal that is used after System Reboot, only when Sanitizer Bot is not in combat. Restores 25% of it's maximum health.
- Surge: Similar to the Mage's Thunderbolt spell. An attack that hits several players for 1,000~1,200 wind damage.
- Deadlock: Similar to the Warrior's Bash skill. An attack that hits a player for 1,000~2,000 damage, and stuns them for 5 seconds.
- Debug: Similar to the Mage's Fire Bolt spell. Randomly targets a player, dealing around 1k fire damage.
- Compatibility Check: Similar to the Mage's Embers spell. Randomly targets a player, inflicting a debuff that deals fire damage over time for several seconds.
- Illegal Instruction: Similar to the Mage's Ignite spell. The player that received Compatibility Check will be targeted. If they have the Compatibility Check debuff on them, they take massive fire damage (around 10~12k fire damage), otherwise this skill will fail.
- Jitter: Similar to Curse of Slowness. Hits every player, slowing their movement speed by 55%, and increasing casting/attack delay by 50%. Often used in combination with Segmentation Fault.
- Segmentation Fault: Causes Sanitizer Bot to summon a Core Dump, a bomb that self-destructs in a huge radius. If a player fails to get out of range, the explosion will deal massive fire damage (15k damage to a tank, 20~25k damage to the average player, 30k to a defenseless player/pet), knocking them out.
- Lag: Causes the entire group to be immobilized, unable to move or take action for several seconds. The Sanitizer Bot will immediately warp to the position of each player, additionally hitting nearby players several times, dealing around 1.2~1.6k damage to each player. This skill is stronger the more scattered away your allies are.
- Disconnected from Server: A blue shield forms around the Sanitizer Bot, making it immune to damage but unable to act. When dealing a certain amount of damage to the shield, it will change colour, allowing players to interrupt the ability and break the shield. If the Sanitizer Bot manages to successfully end the casting duration while still having the shield up, it will cause a Blue Screen of Death attack that 1 hit KO's every player in the group.
The trophy A Toast to Teamwork requires you to defeat the Sanitizer Bot. It also requires you to have unlocked Space Station (by recovering the three access sigils), not by simply summoning your way through.
Deactivated Security Unit
|Name||Deactivated Security Unit|
|Resistances||Immune to stun, freeze, silence, sleep and charm.|
To unlock the door to the boss room, you need to talk to Akia (as a result of the quest line, she is located at the entrance of the Space Station), and ask her to follow you all the way to the damaged repair bot. Then click on the damaged repair bot to initiate a cutscene between it and Akia. At the end of the cutscene, the door will open, thus starting the boss fight.
The Deactivated Security Unit is the final boss of the dungeon, located at the end of Space Station's Central Core. The Deactivated Security Unit's defending element is Fire 1, making it vulnerable to Water (+25% more damage), Wind (+12.5% more damage) and Dark (+12.5% more damage) attacks.
The main abilities that the Deactivated Security Unit uses are:
- Plasma Blast: An attack that leaves behind a pool of blue plasma on the floor. When hit at least once by the plasma, it inflicts a damage over time debuff to the player for additional damage taken. Can easily take out a player that is not watching the ground carefully.
- Napalm Torrent: An attack that targets the player with aggro, inflicting major damage every second for several seconds. This is generally used between 2 to 3 times during a single fight (Phase 1 only), with the first Napalm Torrent happening right at the beginning. Cannot be interrupted, nor reflected.
- Missile Strike: An attack that targets the area that the player with aggro is currently standing on (shown with an orange marker seconds before the attack lands). This can 1 hit KO any player who is standing at that spot when the missile drops. This is similar to the Napalm Strike in the Monastery Garden with Goldsnare. Cannot be interrupted.
- Auto-Repair: An ability used in Phase 3 that takes a while to cast. If either the Deactivated Security Unit (body) or the Turret LA-3X (head) is defeated, but the other is alive, it will revive itself back to full health.
|Resistances||Immune to charm.|
The main abilities that the Turret LA-3X uses are:
- Thunderbolt: An attack that randomly targets a player and nearby allies for low to moderate wind damage. The turret will constantly spam this skill.
- Plasma Barrage: An attack that is either cast on the top platform or the bottom platform depending on the location of the players (indicated by a summoning circle on the chosen platform). Two parallel plasma beams start in the middle (with a small gap between each other) and move outwards to the edges of the platform. This can either knock back a player to the edge and instantly get knocked out, or gravely wound a player who is barely able to escape it (by heading inwards) if they fail to escape to the safe platform in time.
The entire fight can be broken down into three different phases:
Phase 1 (Deactivated Security Unit)
You'll be facing against the Deactivated Security Unit (DSU) by itself. The tank should approach the boss first, while the damage dealers stack on the tank. The healer can choose to stack with the group, stay ranged on the same platform, or go on the top platform directly above the boss. The healer should make sure that they are on the same platform as the rest of the group to use Song of Harmony during the first Napalm Torrent, then they can hop onto the top platform for the rest of the phase.
During the first several seconds of battle, the DSU will use Napalm Torrent on the player who obtained the most aggro. This ability cannot be interrupted, and must be taken by the tank (the damage dealt over time is big enough to defeat a tank without fast healing or damage reduction abilities). To counter this, the healer must use Song of Harmony on the first time it occurs, then the tank will use Burning Determination on the second, and any other Napalm Torrents will be countered with Endurance and Heal.
- 1st Napalm Torrent: Counter with Song of Harmony
- 2nd Napalm Torrent: Counter with Burning Determination
- Any Napalm Torrents After: Counter with Endurance + Heal
The two abilities that the DSU will constantly throw at the group are Plasma Blast and Missile Strike. Missile Strike will initially appear as a orange marker on the ground, indicating where it will be dropped (similar to the missile in Goldsnare). Plasma Blast leaves behind an AoE (a blue acidic pool), usually targeting the healer's position. Since the damage dealers follow the tank, and the healer is focused on healing, all members of the group must watch their footing to avoid these attacks, or risk being knocked out early in the fight.
Once the boss is defeated (it will be at 1 HP), you'll watch a brief dialogue take place. You have a short period of time before the fight transitions onto Phase 2.
Phase 2 (2x LA-3X Turrets)
In Phase 2, you'll be fighting against the two turrets (referred to as turret heads in this guide) that were aiding you in the first phase. The healer should use Nightfall on the left turret head, while the group focuses on the right first. The longer the fight drags on, the more necessary it is for a Mage should use Flash Freeze on the left head to give the group double time (after the healer has gone through two Nightfall casts, and the turret head wakes up). Generally, the group should stay at the bottom platform, while the healer remains at the top. No tank is required for this part of the phase.
Every so often, the turret head will use Plasma Barrage on a platform as long there are players on it (if the group is split between top and bottom, the turret head will randomly choose a platform). The players who are on the platform that is being targeted by Plasma Barrage must quickly run to the other platform that is safe. After the attack passes, the group can choose to stay until the next barrage comes, or return to their original platform.
Players who wish to be risk-takers can stay on the same platform that is being targeted, and with the right timing, outmaneuver the attack (avoiding it completely, or partially). Mages in particular can use Skip onto the center of the platform, while Warriors can Charge into their teammates (at the center of the platform) at the time of the attack. Hunters, while timing the added casting time of Shadowstep, can avoid the attack as well. A player that has been shielded with Emerald Shield can run directly into the beam to avoid the attack (they must be quick in doing so).
The turret head will constantly spam Thunderbolt, hitting nearby players for quite a bit of damage. If the healer remains on the top platform, they can avoid most of the damage from Thunderbolt, as long as they are not the one being targeted.
Focus on defeating one head, then afterwards taking out the other head. After both turret heads have been defeated, the fight will transition into Phase 3.
Phase 3 (Deactivated Security Unit + 1x LA-3X Turret)
In Phase 3, you'll be fighting the DSU and one of the turret heads at the same time (the DSU will act as a body, and the turret will be a head on top of the DSU). Because of this, the DSU specifically will no longer use Napalm Torrent, but all other attacks are carried over. The tank should focus on the DSU first (since it is the one responsible for moving around). The damage dealers should focus on stacking with the tank, while the healer can stay at the top (until a Plasma Barrage forces them to be down).
The three things that the group should focus on avoiding is:
- Plasma Barrage (avoiding the platform that it is being cast on)
- Plasma Blast (avoiding standing on and going into the blue acidic pool)
- Missile Strike (avoiding standing on the area where the missile will be fired at)
The tank will have to constantly stay alert of these three abilities, and will be in constant motion (so that the damage dealers following you don't end up walking into their doom). The tank should always take the longer way of reaching the other platform to avoid Plasma Barrage (so the two bosses are more likely to waste their abilities on the same platform as the one being targeted on). The healer has to be wary of these same abilities as well while healing the group, but won't have to move around as much as the tank.
Finally, the group has to simultaneously defeat both bosses by checking and restraining their DPS. Because the DSU has more health than the turret head, the turret head can easily be knocked out early on by accident. When either the DSU or turret head is defeated and not both, the other will begin to cast an Auto-Repair and recover all of their health, dragging the fight on.
To prevent this, the turret head should be lowered to less than 10 to 15k of it's health, then the damage dealers should stop attacking it and focus on the DSU. Once the DSU (body) has been defeated, it will begin an Auto-Repair, but then you'll have plenty of time to take out the turret head before it is finished casting.
Upon defeating the Deactivated Security Unit, you'll be immediately teleported to outside of the Moonlight Monastery on a cliff. Any players who were knocked out will be revived by Akia. After watching a short dialogue between Akia and the repair bot, a chest will appear, containing random valuable equipment inside.
The trophy Shooting Stars requires you to defeat the Deactivated Security Unit. It also requires you to have unlocked Space Station (by recovering the three access sigils), not by simply summoning your way through.
- Previously, players could still access the space station after it is "presumed" to be destroyed by the countdown explosion, shortly after defeating the boss at the end. This has been changed, so now players cannot access the space station after defeating the Deactivated Security Unit (they will be transported into space instead, and get knocked out from fall damage).
- Therefore, the Sanitizer Bot must be challenged before engaging the Deactivated Security Unit, or else the opportunity to challenge it will be lost.
- Players struggling with the Space Station boss's Phase 2 can use a top-bottom approach, rather than a bottom-top approach for easier transitioning between platforms. This means that the entire group attacks the boss at the top platform first, and when Plasma Barrage comes, they can just walk down.