Instantly shields the target to absorb damage. A target may only be shielded once every 30 seconds. Use as an emergency spell, to prevent damage to your target for a short time while you cast another healing spell.
|Available at||Level 10|
|Prerequisites||Quest: Blessings of Nature|
|Range||Self/Allies, 4 meters|
Emerald Shield is a spell that allows priests to shield targets from damage. Being a shield effect, Emerald Shield absorbs the damage: any attacks that are completely absorbed that way will show up as "Absorb" on the shielded target, and have no effect. Once the Emerald Shield is exhausted, it disappears. Any target can only be shielded by Emerald Shield once every thirty seconds.
The amount of damage that your shield absorbs depends on your magic. In addition, each level of Emerald Shield gives a substantial bonus to how much damage it can withstand before dissipating.
Obtaining Emerald Shield
Emerald Shield cannot be learned through the skill book, but instead has to be acquired through a chain of quests. Because of that, level 1 Emerald Shield requires no skill points to learn. Once a priest has learned Emerald Shield, they can use their skill points to upgrade it further.
The quest chain begins with the quest "Stage Fright", at Luca (near Erik, in Saliko Village). Continue with the quest, until Alexandra (also in Saliko Village) offers you "The Monsters of Saliko Village" (the follow-up quest of that teaches your character the "Analyse" ability). After completing this quest, talk to Luca again, and accept "A Bouquet". Continuing that quest chain will eventually lead you to the East Caves and the Hollow Tree to obtain various charms that Akia can use to teach you Emerald Shield.
- Since Emerald Shield is instantaneous, it makes for a good emergency spell if one of your group members would get knocked out before you are able to cast an actual health restoring spell (such as Heal). However, its high mana cost means that it will drain you of your mana very quickly if used thoughtlessly.
- Emerald Shield can be used to protect against abilities whose effect depends on whether the attack connects. For example, Bash and Smite will have no effect if their damage is completely absorbed through a shield effect.
- Emerald Shield can be used to "extend" your target's health. For example, a priest with full health and an emerald shield can withstand an attack that would normally have knocked them out in one hit.
- The Charm of Ancient Protection adds a substantial heal to Emerald Shield, giving priests an instant health recovering effect (restoring 75% of the shield's total absorb amount as health) once every 30 seconds per allied target.
- With both Emerald Leaf and Living Emerald, Emerald Leaf's set effect is activated, making Emerald Shield absorb 15% more damage.
- The Timid Spirit Bottle (for helmets or hats) allows non-Priest classes to be able to use Emerald Shield Lv. 1 (Lv. 3 if your base strength is 40 or above).
|Skill Level||Minimum Lv. Required||Restoration Pts. Required||Damage Absorbed|
- v.7.70: Added skill level 6. Skill level 5 now requires 30 Restoration points to be unlocked (up from 25).
|General||Auto-Attack • Alchemy • Elixir Mastery • Cooking • Craft • Analyse • First Aid • Marker|
|Pet||Call Pet • Revive Pet • Pet: 'Attack' • Pet: 'Follow Me' • Pet: 'Stay Here'|
|Extra Abilities||Curse of Roots|
|Combat||Bite • Improved Bite • Focused Strike • Slash • Swipe • Natural Fighter • Adrenaline Rush • Thrash • Battle Cry • Overpower • Pounce|
|Defense||Toughness • Charge • Bash • Smite • Taunt • Shattering Strike • Growl • Burning Determination • Spell Reflect • Unyielding Rage • Endurance • Divine Plea • Deflect|
|Others||Battle Stance • Defensive Stance|
|Arcane||Mana Shield • Harvest Mana • Arcane Focus • Bind Elemental • Skip • Invisibility • Teleport • Bind Earth • Disrupt Magic • Arcane Might • Dispel Magic • Steal Magic|
|Fire||Fire Bolt • Embers • Ignite • Fire Wall • Infernal Heat • Fire Hail|
|Ice||Icicle • Arctic Winds • Mana Crystal • Mana Explosion • Ice Spikes • Mist of Ice • Frigid Splash • Intense Cold • Path of Frost • Blizzard • Flash Freeze • Frost Nova|
|Wind||Thunderbolt • Lightning Bolt • Overcharge • Lightning Rod • Wind Burst • Overload|
|Earth||Earth Spike • Spike Trap • Rune of Power • Heavy Rune • Rune of Wisdom • Rune of Warding|
|Others||Grace of Elements|
|Restoration||Revitalise • Revive • Serenity • Elemental Ward • Heal • Bond of Healing • Healing Springs • Song of Harmony • Surge of Light • Divine Clarity • Emerald Shield • Healing Winds • Greater Heal|
|Toxicology||Petal Rain • Poison • Poison Dust • Stir • Envenom • Nightfall • Cure Poison • Leeching Poison • Unfaltering Resolve|
|Light||Judgement • Spiritual Regeneration • Exorcise • Holy Fire • Nourish|
|Magic||Blessing of Speed • Blessing of Fortitude • Curse of Slowness • Curse of Silence • Protection of Nature • Inspiration|
|Dark||Dark Pact • Spirit Strike • Life Tap • Dark Bolt • Terrify • Torment • Evil Land • Possess • Drain Health|
|Close Combat||Rake • Rip • Enchant Poison • Camouflage • Veil of Shadows • Sprint • Shadowstep • Heal Pet • Battle Instincts • Combat Training • Touch of the Phoenix|
|Ranged Combat||Double Strafe • Bow Mastery • Focused Shot • Arrow Shower • Sniping • Sharp Shot • Disrupting Shot • Piercing Shot • Sharpen Senses • Siphoning Shot • Arrow Barrage • Eagle Eye|
|Traps||Trap Proficiency • Tar Trap • Incinerating Trap • Root Trap • Explosive Trap|