Takes control over a demon or undead for several seconds, but decreases it's cast and attack speed by 50%.
|Available at||Level 17|
Possess is a spell that enables Priests to control monsters that are a part of the Demons or Undead race. It is similar to the Mage spell Bind Elemental that can control Elemental or Formless monsters. You must channel the skill for the entirety of it's duration to keep the target under possession.
When Dark Pact is at Lv. 3 or higher, Possess can also work on Brutes. Many of the monsters in the game (including players) are part of the Brutes race.
- Like Bind Elemental, Possess cannot be used on monsters that are immune to charm, or those that are three or more levels higher than you. Controlled monsters when dead do not yield any experience or loot, and the skill will generate a very high amount of hate against your character.
- When controlling players in PvP, you cannot use any of their spells or skills, except for auto-attack. You can make them jump, sit or lay down, or mount onto lizards/sleds/etc.
- In PvP, you can possess other players pets. You are allowed to use their own skills, as they are treated as a monster.
- Bosses and monsters can also use Possess on players, randomly using the skills that they've learned to interfere with other players and/or wasting valuable spells with high cooldowns. For example, a possessed Mage can use Flash Freeze and Disrupt Magic to block your priest from using Heal. Be sure to use Disrupt Magic or Smite on these monsters to prevent them from causing too much chaos, while using Nightfall or Flash Freeze against possessed players during boss fights.
- Recursive possession is not possible (for example, if you tried to control a Possessor monster, then make it Possess another monster), as it will cancel the user's own Possess spell.
|Skill Level||Minimum Lv. Required||Dark Pts. Required||Possess Duration|
|Lv. 1||17||5||20 seconds|
|Lv. 2||25||15||40 seconds|
|General||Auto-Attack • Alchemy • Elixir Mastery • Cooking • Craft • Analyse • First Aid • Marker|
|Pet||Call Pet • Revive Pet • Pet: 'Attack' • Pet: 'Follow Me' • Pet: 'Stay Here'|
|Extra Abilities||Curse of Roots|
|Combat||Bite • Improved Bite • Focused Strike • Slash • Swipe • Natural Fighter • Adrenaline Rush • Thrash • Battle Cry • Overpower • Pounce|
|Defense||Toughness • Charge • Bash • Smite • Taunt • Shattering Strike • Growl • Burning Determination • Spell Reflect • Unyielding Rage • Endurance • Divine Plea • Deflect|
|Others||Battle Stance • Defensive Stance|
|Arcane||Mana Shield • Harvest Mana • Arcane Focus • Bind Elemental • Skip • Invisibility • Teleport • Bind Earth • Disrupt Magic • Arcane Might • Dispel Magic • Steal Magic|
|Fire||Fire Bolt • Embers • Ignite • Fire Wall • Infernal Heat • Fire Hail|
|Ice||Icicle • Arctic Winds • Mana Crystal • Mana Explosion • Ice Spikes • Mist of Ice • Frigid Splash • Intense Cold • Path of Frost • Blizzard • Flash Freeze • Frost Nova|
|Wind||Thunderbolt • Lightning Bolt • Overcharge • Lightning Rod • Wind Burst • Overload|
|Earth||Earth Spike • Spike Trap • Rune of Power • Heavy Rune • Rune of Wisdom • Rune of Warding|
|Others||Grace of Elements|
|Restoration||Revitalise • Revive • Serenity • Elemental Ward • Heal • Bond of Healing • Healing Springs • Song of Harmony • Surge of Light • Divine Clarity • Emerald Shield • Healing Winds • Greater Heal|
|Toxicology||Petal Rain • Poison • Poison Dust • Stir • Envenom • Nightfall • Cure Poison • Leeching Poison • Unfaltering Resolve|
|Light||Judgement • Spiritual Regeneration • Exorcise • Holy Fire • Nourish|
|Magic||Blessing of Speed • Blessing of Fortitude • Curse of Slowness • Curse of Silence • Protection of Nature • Inspiration|
|Dark||Dark Pact • Spirit Strike • Life Tap • Dark Bolt • Terrify • Torment • Evil Land • Possess • Drain Health|
|Close Combat||Rake • Rip • Enchant Poison • Camouflage • Veil of Shadows • Sprint • Shadowstep • Heal Pet • Battle Instincts • Combat Training • Touch of the Phoenix|
|Ranged Combat||Double Strafe • Bow Mastery • Focused Shot • Arrow Shower • Sniping • Sharp Shot • Disrupting Shot • Piercing Shot • Sharpen Senses • Siphoning Shot • Arrow Barrage • Eagle Eye|
|Traps||Trap Proficiency • Tar Trap • Incinerating Trap • Root Trap • Explosive Trap|